News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

DC-area meet in mid-May

Started by froggie, March 01, 2012, 06:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

I've mentioned elsewhere that I wanted to hold another DC-area meet before I transfer.  Alas, my transfer is coming a lot sooner than previously expected...basically by the end of May.  So I'm now planning on a DC-area meet in mid-May.  May 19th is the most likely date.  I realize that, for some, this may conflict with the proposed Ohio meet, but this is the way it has to be.

Tour locations will include the 11th Street Bridge project and the Beltway HO/T lanes project.

Takumi

Depending on when my store's inventory date is (it was supposed to be last week but w found out the day before that it was moved) I might be able to make it.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

I can go to Dayton anytime, and I've had to miss the last several DC and Baltimore area meets. So I might be game. Any ideas on a location?

Also, any suggestions on possible lodging ideas and viable back routes to the meet location? I'd be amenable to spending the night in a location 2-3 hours away from the meet site and driving on in Saturday morning. For instance, stay in Staunton and take US 29 to the DC area.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Janko Dialnice

I am looking for an excuse to get to DC and check out the Inter-County Connector, so I would have liked to attend this meet. But that is during the week when I will be in Slovakia. This is unfortunately a no-go for me.

oscar

Quote from: froggie on March 01, 2012, 06:35:08 AM
I've mentioned elsewhere that I wanted to hold another DC-area meet before I transfer.  Alas, my transfer is coming a lot sooner than previously expected...basically by the end of May.  So I'm now planning on a DC-area meet in mid-May.  May 19th is the most likely date.  I realize that, for some, this may conflict with the proposed Ohio meet, but this is the way it has to be.

Tour locations will include the 11th Street Bridge project and the Beltway HO/T lanes project.
I'm pretty much locked into being in town that weekend, but will likely have to be at another meeting starting at 5pm in Silver Spring.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

74/171FAN

I need to figure out what I am doing this summer before I can even attempt to answer this question because if I'm still doing dishes at Cracker Barrel my Saturdays are basically taken.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

1995hoo

Can't answer until closer to then due to some probable family commitments.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ruffnerr

I can push the Dayton meet to a later weekend.

Ian

Unless something obscure comes up, I'll likely be able to attend.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

I'm there. Good excuse to see my family in Annapolis.

Takumi

Looking at the calendar, the 19th is on an off weekend for me, so I should be able to make it.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Ian

Quote from: PennDOTFan on March 01, 2012, 05:16:08 PM
Unless something obscure comes up, I'll likely be able to attend.

And I may have eaten my words. Just got word my dad might be working and mom has a doctors appointment on the 19th, so unless I can get a ride down there, I might not be able to make it.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Duke87

I am going to have to defer a decision on this until the date gets closer.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

yanksfan6129

Maybe. Depends on the fund situation. I'll know by mid-April, probably.

I'm really saving for the Ottawa meet, though, and if I can only make 1 meet this summer that will be it (and that will be, because of two nights of lodging and meals and gas, also very expensive, limiting my ability to do other stuff).

hbelkins

Quote from: ruffnerr on March 01, 2012, 03:36:55 PM
I can push the Dayton meet to a later weekend.

I for one would  :clap: if that happened. Please consider it.

CanesFan27

We'll be competing in a Warrior Dash event in Charlotte that weekend.  We'll be up for the MS Walk on April 21st if you'd want to do a scouting trip that weekend.

deathtopumpkins

I actually might try and make this. I'll be done with school for the summer and hopefully would be able to take a day or two off work (wherever I end up working) to head down there. It would be a great opportunity to visit old friends in Virginia too, which is something I've been meaning to do.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Takumi

I'm still not 100% sure one way or another. I have the day off, as well as the following week, but the first half of the year's taxes on my house are due the week before, and the quarterly insurance on it is due not long after, so I may not be able to afford it. I'll confirm one way or another as the day approaches.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

akotchi

Quote from: Steve on March 01, 2012, 06:26:57 PM
I'm there. Good excuse to see my family in Annapolis.
I spent some of my high school years in Annapolis.  This would be a great excuse to get back down there.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Laura

I am in! The 19th is free and clear for me and is the best Saturday in May in my schedule.

Duke87

Moving my attendance status from "maybe" to "probably not", given that 1) this is just far enough away to require devoting both saturday and sunday to it, and 2) my girlfriend has established that she will not be coming to any road meets with me.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

Quote from: Duke87 on April 06, 2012, 05:21:49 PM
Moving my attendance status from "maybe" to "probably not", given that 1) this is just far enough away to require devoting both saturday and sunday to it, and 2) my girlfriend has established that she will not be coming to any road meets with me.
3) replace girlfriend as needed until 2) is false

Takumi

I'm back up to "probably", as my finances look a little better going forward. I'll be even more likely if someone wants to ride with me.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

jpi

Unfortunently I can't make it to this one, the next weekend Steph and I will be in York\ Harrisburg for a week visiting family\ toy show and a good friend of mine is getting married on 6/2, but anytime that week if anyone wants to meet up with us like 2 months ago when we met up with Seth and Mike from MD roads in York, just give me a shot!  :)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Quote from: Steve on April 06, 2012, 05:24:44 PM
Quote from: Duke87 on April 06, 2012, 05:21:49 PM
3) replace girlfriend as needed until 2) is false

Or 3) replace girlfriend as needed until 4) girlfriend says she is OK with me traveling to road meets.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.