USA continental road trip videos from 2008 and before

Started by sross1800, May 01, 2018, 02:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sross1800

Just curious, I don't know if it's okay to ask this, but if it is, since my all time favorite years are from 2008 and before while Johnny Carson and Jay Leno were hosting "The Tonight Show" on NBC (before Jimmy Fallon took over for Conan O'Brien on "Late Night" on NBC in March of 2009), and since this is, after all, a highway/interstate forum, and since I like watching old home videos from 2008 and before, does anybody have any old home videos of road trips from 2008 and before from any and/or all of the 48 continental states (including Washington, D.C.) that anybody could please upload, like to YouTube? :) If anybody does, thanks very much! :) If anybody doesn't, that's okay, I understand! :) And if it's not okay to ask this, I'm very sorry! :(
Thanks! :)
Sean :)

ErmineNotyours

Not quite transcontinental, but here is a time lapse video from 1973 of travel between McCleary, Washington to Washington State University in Pullman.  The route takes SR 8 and US 101 to Olympia, then later takes SR 18 through Auburn, not Enumclaw like the video says.  This was made before improvements on SR 18, and before I-90 bypassed North Bend, so it's interesting so see how things used to look like.  If you can, you might try find a way to step through frame by frame to see all the details.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.