News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

369 photos from a ZION NATIONAL PARK trip!

Started by bandit957, July 14, 2019, 12:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Briefly looked over the part with UT 9 in Zion.  I'll have to sit down and really look at the rest later, suffice to say I'm seeing a lot of familiar places.  The Mount Carmel Tunnel on UT 9 IMO has a better vista from the Tunnel Trail than Angel's Landing does.  I usually try to go to Zion in the winter since the crowds are very sparse in spite of the usually mild desert weather. 

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

GCrites

Groan at the Halls of Medicine commercial joke   :rofl:

US 89

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 14, 2019, 01:02:53 PM
Briefly looked over the part with UT 9 in Zion.  I'll have to sit down and really look at the rest later, suffice to say I'm seeing a lot of familiar places.  The Mount Carmel Tunnel on UT 9 IMO has a better vista from the Tunnel Trail than Angel's Landing does.  I usually try to go to Zion in the winter since the crowds are very sparse in spite of the usually mild desert weather.

If I ever go back to Zion, I don't think I'll do it in the summer. I went at the beginning of this past June, and while it wasn't too hot (temps in the 80s), a bunch of the trails were closed due to high runoff or rockfalls, likely because of the wet winter and spring the area had. Seems to me like late fall or early winter would be the best time to visit. Plus you can drive on the Zion Canyon Road yourself during off-peak season, instead of relying on the shuttle.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.