News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Central PA Road Meet April 2016

Started by jpi, October 05, 2015, 09:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I now have 2 Saturday dates picked in April 2016 for my central PA road meet

Saturday April 9
11 (78.6%)
Saturday April 23
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SSOWorld

Chances are slim for me - I'm looking to save what vacation time I will have for July to attend Duluth and ring around Canada (the latter if I'm lucky) as I'm only going to have a week's worth.  Job changes can do that.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

SteveG1988

put me down, just need to know 10 days before april starts for the date. i ahve to give them 10 days notice. and i need to time it so i have plenty of time off to take care of personal stuff.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

jpi

I will keep that in mind, Centralia is about 90 minutes north of York but then again I thought about us going up through the Lewistown narrows on 22/322 and check out what may be new construction on extending the 4-lane 322 to Potters Mills and PA 144. I will keep it in mind.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

I have not done a facebook event yet but promise this will be done soon but count on Saturday April 9 for this meet. It will be held at Round The Clock Diner at 11:00pm (I-83 and US 30 jct in York.) we will then proceed south on I-83 to the Mt Rose AVE exit, there is a shopping center on the southeast side of the interchange that sits on a high hill that overlooks the interchange, great vantige point and would like to take our group pic there, Next we will go south on 83 to the S. George St exit and follow Business 83 through town, after that it is still up in the area but I am considering either checking out the "goat path" in Lancaster County to the east or going north to the Harrisburg area, the turnpike is getting a widening project going between the east and west shore exits and we would cross the newer Susquehanna River Bridge so I am open for any and all suggestions. Thanks!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

okroads

I am more likely to attend this meet than I was a few months ago. It's much easier to get to York from Columbus, OH than it is from Oklahoma City. Count me in as a maybe at this point.

noelbotevera

US 11/US 15 from Harrisburg to Duncannon. Terrific drive along the Susquehanna, sometimes going through the gentle hills at the same time.

Same with US 22/US 322 leaving Harrisburg.

Alps

There's a Primanti Bros. in York. Just one man's opinion but that becomes the necessary meet restaurant. I would almost definitely attend if it's held at Primanti's.

74/171FAN

I actually got a tour of the Mt Rose Ave project last week as a part of being a PennDOT employee now.  For a side stop, we could also go by the newly opened PA 441 bypass of downtown Columbia.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

noelbotevera

BTW, where is the RSVP site? I'm gonna ask my dad if I or both of us can attend the meet.

jpi

Quote from: noelbotevera on December 17, 2015, 04:06:00 PM
BTW, where is the RSVP site? I'm gonna ask my dad if I or both of us can attend the meet.
The RSVP site will be on facebook however, just keep me posted on here, Oscar Voss is also one who is not on facebook but is active on here too.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 17, 2015, 01:13:06 PM
I actually got a tour of the Mt Rose Ave project last week as a part of being a PennDOT employee now.  For a side stop, we could also go by the newly opened PA 441 bypass of downtown Columbia.

I just read in Lancaster Online that this is open, this could be a good stop for us on the way to the "goat path" since it is on US 30  :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Quote from: Alps on December 16, 2015, 11:08:27 PM
There's a Primanti Bros. in York. Just one man's opinion but that becomes the necessary meet restaurant. I would almost definitely attend if it's held at Primanti's.
How about making this an after meet venue that evening?? :sombrero:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Huh. When did that even happen? Not on OSM or any other mapping site, even in aerial view.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Alps on December 17, 2015, 07:05:35 PM
Huh. When did that even happen? Not on OSM or any other mapping site, even in aerial view.

It only started in June of last year and the bypass itself just bypasses the immediate downtown of Columbia to keep trucks off the Locust St corridor.  The only new portion of road is the extension of Front St (relocated PA 441) from Bridge Rd to the north side of the US 30 interchange (with an overpass of US 30 and a direct ramp to US 30 EB).

See froggie's post here
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Laura

Both Mr. and Mrs. MD Roads are available for this meet :)

noelbotevera

I PMed jpi, but to make it visible to all of you guys, I am possibly attending if my dad is off work - it's pretty likely now, the fact that his off days have been changed to Friday and Saturday night.

jpi

Quote from: Laura on December 28, 2015, 09:40:12 PM
Both Mr. and Mrs. MD Roads are available for this meet :)
Sweet! Well Mrs JPI will be there too :-) The way this looking, this meet may set a record for the most female attendees at a road meet, at least for the lunch part. :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Duke87

Quote from: jpi on December 28, 2015, 11:32:59 PM
The way this looking, this meet may set a record for the most female attendees at a road meet, at least for the lunch part. :-)

What is the record for that anyway? A perusal of old meet photos shows four women present at Doylestown in 2013, and it was apparently considered noteworthy enough that there was a photo taken of just the four couples.

For this meet I'm seeing two definite yeses and three people "interested", so if four is the previous record we may have a chance of exceeding it... but I don't think the odds of all three maybes showing up are that great.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

Quote from: Duke87 on December 29, 2015, 12:17:25 AM
Quote from: jpi on December 28, 2015, 11:32:59 PM
The way this looking, this meet may set a record for the most female attendees at a road meet, at least for the lunch part. :-)

What is the record for that anyway? A perusal of old meet photos shows four women present at Doylestown in 2013, and it was apparently considered noteworthy enough that there was a photo taken of just the four couples.

For this meet I'm seeing two definite yeses and three people "interested", so if four is the previous record we may have a chance of exceeding it... but I don't think the odds of all three maybes showing up are that great.
My "maybe" would probably include a female.

74/171FAN

So could I possibly be a 19th wheel?   :-D    I had to say it since I am probably no closer to getting a girlfriend since the last road meet I went to.  I have already gotten jokes about PA girls though of course.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.