US 60-62 Mississippi River Bridge Closed for up to 1 Year

Started by brad2971, October 10, 2023, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: jnewkirk77 on November 04, 2023, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: Rick Powell on November 04, 2023, 12:30:28 PM
A new I-57 exit on the west side of the river could be looked at that would cut back on the out of direction travel. Recognizing that whatever new connection is made will need to accommodate the flood plain.

Where Route J crosses 57 just SW of the weigh station and truck parking ... it may be my imagination, but it looks like it was designed and built to accommodate an interchange.

It does, doesn't it? It could be though to accommodate the overpass.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

edwaleni

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on November 04, 2023, 08:59:02 PM
Quote from: jnewkirk77 on November 04, 2023, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: Rick Powell on November 04, 2023, 12:30:28 PM
A new I-57 exit on the west side of the river could be looked at that would cut back on the out of direction travel. Recognizing that whatever new connection is made will need to accommodate the flood plain.

Where Route J crosses 57 just SW of the weigh station and truck parking ... it may be my imagination, but it looks like it was designed and built to accommodate an interchange.

It does, doesn't it? It could be though to accommodate the overpass.

I looked up this parcel of land prior to I-57 being built.

CR-212 used to run straight west and end where the frontage road is on the north side of I-57. The intersection with SR-J was a standard 4 way intersection.

The frontage road on the north side ends there because pre-interstate there was a farmhouse there.  When the interstate was built it cutoff the house from its longtime road, so they built the frontage to SR-J.

It appears that the weave with CR-212 and the south frontage was just safety related since going east it goes almost all the way to the river.

Rothman

Google Maps is now not allowing entrance to Fort Defiance.  I think the chances of Google Maps screwing up where the closure is are much higher than the closure actually moving from the bridge approach to the intersection for the Ohio River bridge...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

edwaleni

Quote from: Rothman on November 06, 2023, 07:05:27 AM
Google Maps is now not allowing entrance to Fort Defiance.  I think the chances of Google Maps screwing up where the closure is are much higher than the closure actually moving from the bridge approach to the intersection for the Ohio River bridge...

It may have been updating when you checked. I can get Google Maps at Fort Defiance with October 2023 imagery all the way to the parking lot at the point.

Rothman

Quote from: edwaleni on November 06, 2023, 10:27:52 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 06, 2023, 07:05:27 AM

It may have been updating when you checked. I can get Google Maps at Fort Defiance with October 2023 imagery all the way to the parking lot at the point.
Nope.  Closest a routing gets for me right now is still where Fort Defiance Road meets US 60/62.  Can't get driving directions beyond that.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.