Columbus Mega Fix? Is it a solution? Also 270 is concerning

Started by jecht, September 21, 2017, 05:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecht

Anyone from Ohio visiting/living in Columbus?

3-year project called the MegaFix seems great--I hope it works. It's still crowded at rush hour, even with the addition of the flyover ramps. I know it's not complete.

Also, when is the construction supposed to be done on 270 west of Dublin? It's still very slow--are they building another lane there?

Go Bucks!
Josh

okroads

I've lived in Columbus for the past 2 years but know there are several others on here who have lived here longer than I have.

MegaFix: I assume you're referring to the North Side MegaFix? I think they are also using the MegaFix term for the project at the I-71/I-270 interchange near Grove City which is just getting underway.

The North Side MegaFix (270/23/315 interchanges) is nearing completion. The ramps from 270 WB to 315 & 23 SB to 270 WB/315 are the last to be completed. I live about a mile from I-270/US 23 and will be glad when this is complete so 315 will become a suitable alternative again between Worthington & where I work in Downtown Columbus.

270 construction on the west side just started around Memorial Day, and they are adding an extra lane in each direction from I-70 to US 33/OH 161.

jecht

Quote from: okroads on September 22, 2017, 08:31:55 PM
I've lived in Columbus for the past 2 years but know there are several others on here who have lived here longer than I have.

MegaFix: I assume you're referring to the North Side MegaFix? I think they are also using the MegaFix term for the project at the I-71/I-270 interchange near Grove City which is just getting underway.

The North Side MegaFix (270/23/315 interchanges) is nearing completion. The ramps from 270 WB to 315 & 23 SB to 270 WB/315 are the last to be completed. I live about a mile from I-270/US 23 and will be glad when this is complete so 315 will become a suitable alternative again between Worthington & where I work in Downtown Columbus.

270 construction on the west side just started around Memorial Day, and they are adding an extra lane in each direction from I-70 to US 33/OH 161.

Thank you! They still haven't done the 23 N to 270 W ramp. Also I hope they close the temporary ramp to 270 at some point.

On 315 N to 23 N and 71 E it is still clogged!

jecht

Quote from: okroads on September 22, 2017, 08:31:55 PM

Update: It appears the Megafix is improving the roads slowly, but they still have one more ramp to fix.

Buck87

Looking forward to the US 23 S to 270 W & 315 ramps to be done

also, we do have a thread for the North Side Mega-Fix here: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7763.0

jecht

Quote from: Buck87 on October 09, 2017, 08:58:22 PM
Looking forward to the US 23 S to 270 W & 315 ramps to be done

also, we do have a thread for the North Side Mega-Fix here: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7763.0

Thank you for all you do! I'm sorry I didn't catch that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.