News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Wisconsin verona road project

Started by I-90, May 09, 2017, 07:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-90

Stage 1(completed) Construction to take place from 2013-2016
Verona Road between Raymond Road and Nakoma Road
Beltline Highway between Whitney Way and Seminole Highway
Various intersection improvements to address traffic mitigation
Military Ridge Path Overpass of McKee Road
The majority of Stage 1 work will occur outside of Fitchburg city limits and will focus on the area of Verona Road that is north of Raymond Road. However, Stage 1 will include various intersection improvements in Fitchburg and a grade separated crossing of th eMilitary Ridge Path over McKee Road.

The intersection improvements are being completed to address some of the congestion issues that may arise at local intersections from deterred traffic avoiding the construction zone. This will include:

CTH D and CTH M (addition of turn lanes in all approaches)
CTH D and Whalen Road (addition of turn lanes)
Seminole Highway and Lacy Road (addition of turn lanes)
CTH PD and Seminole Highway (addition of turn lanes)
Seminole Highway and Sentinel Pass (addition of traffic signals and turn lanes)-completed.
The construction of the Military Ridge Path grade separated crossing began after July 4, 2013.

Stage 2 Construction slated from 2017-2019, with possible delays
Verona Road from CTH PD (McKee Road) to Raymond Road
CTH PD (McKee Road) between Hardrock Road and Commerce Park Drive
The majority of Stage 2 work will occur within the City limits and will include the following projects:

An interchange at CTH PD (McKee Road)
Expansion of USH 18/151 (Verona Road) to 3 lanes in each direction from CTH PD (McKee Road) to just south of Raymond Road.
Intersection improvements at Williamsburg Way with the potential for an interchange.
Noise walls at various locations

Stage 3 Projected for 2030 or later ( if needed)  :rolleyes:
Freeflow interchange at Verona Rd/Beltline Highway with directional ramps to the east

hotdogPi

I'm getting this message: "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: different for everyone) Learn More"
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

froggie

Though I don't agree with uploading graphics directly onto AARoads (personally, I prefer using my Flickr account), they show up fine for me.

QuoteStage 3 Projected for 2030 or later ( if needed)  :rolleyes:
Freeflow interchange at Verona Rd/Beltline Highway with directional ramps to the east

They probably want to see how the new SPUI operates, first.  Beyond that, the only thing I could reasonably see needed in the future are the directional ramps between the south and east.

SEWIGuy

The improvements they have made so far have helped traffic tremendously.  Getting it to three lanes and turning PD into an interchange is going to be very positive as well.

It's not perfect but it will be functional in this manner for awhile. 

I-39

The only problem I have with the improvements is Raymond Road being an at-grade intersection with stoplights. I feel that is going to be a bottleneck. It would have been nice if they would have made Raymond Road go under Verona Road so there can be a better transition between the freeway portion and the arterial portion. I fear the Raymond Road stoplight is too close in proximity to the Williamsburg Way interchange (those merging on going north towards the Beltline will have to slow down quickly).

Other than that, these improvements will be more than adequate for the foreseeable future.

hockeyjohn

Will the Beltline "re-qualify" as a freeway on the State Map after Phase 3???      :-/

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

JREwing78

Not according to the state map (someone goofed up the map with the wrong highway indicator).

The Ghostbuster

When the new interchanges at County PD/McKee Road and Williamsburg Way are completed, I wonder if those exits will be numbered. I think they should be, since the rest of the US 18/151 corridor's exits are numbered, as are the majority of Wisconsin's highway exits.

I-39

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on May 12, 2017, 04:58:27 PM
When the new interchanges at County PD/McKee Road and Williamsburg Way are completed, I wonder if those exits will be numbered. I think they should be, since the rest of the US 18/151 corridor's exits are numbered, as are the majority of Wisconsin's highway exits.

They most likely will be, since it will be a continuation of the freeway west of there.

tchafe1978

If you look at the drive-trough animations on WisDOT's site, it shows exit numbers at the exits.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.