News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hi from Vermont

Started by FlatlanderinVT, September 02, 2021, 08:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatlanderinVT

Hello everyone!
I am new here and very happy to be a part of this interesting forum. I stumbled across this while trying to research some information for a trip I likely have coming up from the Northern Part of Vermont to the WV Panhandle towing a UHaul trailer to move some of my Mother-in-Laws "stuff". I did find a bit of info and will create a specific post here as well but I have already gone down other rabbit holes here with all of this info and anecdotes on here. I have always enjoyed reading maps and route planning and it is great to find a likeminded group of people. I look forward to the feedback on my upcoming trip planning and to contributing when I can.   

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

froggie

You have an interesting handle for someone living in one of the least flat states in the Eastern US.  I gather you're not originally from Vermont?

(FWIW, neither am I...my wife is the native Vermonter.)

FlatlanderinVT

I didn't think it would take long at all for someone to pick that up Froggie lol! I am by no means a Vermonter but do live here now. I am originally from RI and completely consider myself a proud Rhode Islander, if there is such a thing  :-P. The name came to me last night when signing up thinking about the fact I wanted to avoid terrain as much as possible on this journey.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kevinb1994

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.