News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Mistaken Traffic Signsls On Googlemaps

Started by roadman65, February 19, 2023, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

jeffandnicole

Google Maps also marks the traffic signals at the entrance to the Trenton tunnel in NJ as a signalized location also.

index

I believe Google Maps may have taken public GIS data from state/local authorities, which may be outdated or have errors, listing >any< kind of signal and interpreted the data as all traffic lights. Part of what makes me think this is that NCDOT's GIS data for traffic lights also includes beacons/flashers, and every location NCDOT has with a beacon on their map has been listed by Google Maps as a traffic light. I believed they have fixed this error in some places, but there are plenty that still remain.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

kphoger

I've also seen them marked on the map at railroad crossing gates.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.