News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Henryetta OK: Old US 69/Old US 75 Intersection Repaved

Started by Brian556, March 23, 2017, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Just noticed on Google Maps that this intersection, along with the old highway east and west of the intersection have been repaved. They also have been professionally striped, which is not what you would expect on a county road in Oklahoma

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4350225,-96.1231608,369m/data=!3m1!1e3

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Brian556

Cuz it was a cool vintage highway.  I can see a modern freshly paved highway everywhere else

US-175

Just saw the GSV befores/afters, amazing the difference.  Brian *kinda* has a point, the corner did have a bit of a Route 66 way-back-in-the-day look to it, but now it would pass for a good average (non-historic) road.  Especially if you didn't know that there were highway routes that previously used the intersection.  There was a sign I saw posted in the after pics of the corner that said local members of the Muscogee-Creek tribe were behind the project to pave it, so some of them must have had enough of the old road's condition, I guess.

Meanwhile, that cafe looks like it's on the list for my next trip north (whenever that will be...).

ETA::::  Missed the topic routes at first, but at least one of them was right  :D

Brian556

Road Hog

Right, not 69. They duplex farther south between Atoka and just south of the Red River.

I discovered this intersection in 2000. Original pavement and all. I agree, it had a lot of the old US 66 vibe. It needed maintenance even then, but at the same time I hate that it sounds like a lot of its character was taken away.

US71

Quote from: Brian556 on March 23, 2017, 10:18:33 PM
Just noticed on Google Maps that this intersection, along with the old highway east and west of the intersection have been repaved. They also have been professionally striped, which is not what you would expect on a county road in Oklahoma

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4350225,-96.1231608,369m/data=!3m1!1e3

It was repaved last year. As I recall, the concrete roadway was in bad shape in places. The 62/75 junction was also fairly rough. I think I saw a sign that one of the local Tribes paid for it.  I may be over that way in a few weeks, so I'll try to remember to look.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.