News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mississippi-Alabama Corridor V

Started by edwaleni, May 25, 2021, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwaleni

I came across a proposal to complete "Corridor V" (MS-76) which a 4 lane non-interstate freeway that appears to connect the Florence-Huntsville MSA with I-22 @ Fulton, Mississippi.

The study appears to have been updated in May of 2019 to acquire funding to complete the last segment in Mississippi. The corridor appears to end abruptly at MS-23 with land excavated for a few miles after.

https://www.arc.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/EconomicAnalysisofCompletingCorridorVinMS.pdf

Does anyone know if this ever was completed or even more, funded?

froggie

MDOT's STIP currently has the project listed for ROW acquisition this year.  It does not show any construction until after 2025.

edwaleni

Quote from: froggie on May 25, 2021, 10:29:51 PM
MDOT's STIP currently has the project listed for ROW acquisition this year.  It does not show any construction until after 2025.

Thanks, I couldn't find a more current plan on funding, much appreciated.

Road Hog

Florence and Huntsville in the same MSA? Dayum. Those 2 cities are 73 miles apart.

It's only about 80 miles between Austin and San Antonio.

edwaleni

Quote from: Road Hog on June 28, 2021, 02:42:47 AM
Florence and Huntsville in the same MSA? Dayum. Those 2 cities are 73 miles apart.

It's only about 80 miles between Austin and San Antonio.

My bad.

The MSA is actually Florence-Muscle Shoals.

I meant to type Florence *and* Huntsville MSA's.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.