AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-49 in Arkansas  (Read 938208 times)

CtrlAltDel

• Last Login: Today at 04:42:15 PM
Re: I-49 in Arkansas
« Reply #3300 on: October 13, 2021, 09:55:03 AM »

QT is building a new location in OKC(first in the region) but it値l be a new format travel store. It値l have truck fueling spots and showers. I壇 imagine they will expand on this concept and building on the new I-49 segment seems like a no brainer.

On an weird (maybe) side note, I once got gas at Quik Trip store number 1, completely by happenstance. Digging into the matter, though, I found that there have been a few number 1 stores.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: October 16, 2021, 10:49:47 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #3301 on: October 13, 2021, 11:42:47 AM »

QT is building a new location in OKC(first in the region) but it値l be a new format travel store. It値l have truck fueling spots and showers. I壇 imagine they will expand on this concept and building on the new I-49 segment seems like a no brainer.

On an weird (maybe) side note, I once got gas at Quik Trip store number 1, completely by happenstance. Digging into the matter, though, I found that there have been a few number 1 stores.

Wal-Mart has had several different #1 stores.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MikieTimT

• Last Login: Today at 05:12:24 PM
« Reply #3302 on: October 13, 2021, 12:34:15 PM »

Wal-Mart has had several different #1 stores.

But Walton's 5-10 is the OG, so it became the museum for the chain.  The actual original Store #1 in Rogers is now called "Somewhere In Time Antique Mall", which used to be Shelby Lane Mall where I picked up a Thomas Kinkaid lithograph and had it signed by him prior to his passing.  The building is not much to look at, which is likely why Wal-Mart offloaded it and built across the road for the 2nd iteration of Store 1.  Now they're on the 3rd location further west on US-71B when they did the SuperCenter format conversion.

Scott5114

• Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

• Last Login: Today at 11:40:43 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
« Reply #3303 on: October 13, 2021, 05:02:22 PM »

They have QT locations in NWA? If so, when did this happen? Outside of Dallas, I haven't seen a QT west of the Mississippi...

QT is headquartered in Tulsa.....

I wouldn't ignore Casey's.  They are becoming more and more of a presence.

Casey's target market for years has been small towns in rural USA where there is little to no competition after 6PM local.

They don't make money on the gas, its on the fried chicken and pizza later in the evenings.

Their corporate strategy seems to have changed, as they bought up all of the Circle Ks in the Oklahoma City metro. Lots of C-store competition here.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #3304 on: October 13, 2021, 06:44:32 PM »

They have QT locations in NWA? If so, when did this happen? Outside of Dallas, I haven't seen a QT west of the Mississippi...

Casey's target market for years has been small towns in rural USA where there is little to no competition after 6PM local.

They don't make money on the gas, its on the fried chicken and pizza later in the evenings.

Their corporate strategy seems to have changed, as they bought up all of the Circle Ks in the Oklahoma City metro. Lots of C-store competition here.

Springdale has a new Casey's across from Kum & Go

MikieTimT

• Last Login: Today at 05:12:24 PM
« Reply #3305 on: October 13, 2021, 06:58:36 PM »

And another one off Exit 65 just past the Subaru dealership in Fayetteville.  Casey's are the ones growing fastest around here, not just in the small towns either.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #3306 on: October 13, 2021, 08:04:31 PM »

And another one off Exit 65 just past the Subaru dealership in Fayetteville.  Casey's are the ones growing fastest around here, not just in the small towns either.

Porter Rd seems like an odd location, but if it works, it works. Then again,  isn't the Police Department building a new HQ at Porter and Deane?

GreenLanternCorps

• What's behind me, is not important!

• Last Login: Today at 06:12:44 PM
« Reply #3307 on: October 15, 2021, 07:41:10 AM »

I-49 BVB now showing up in Apple Maps.

Tomahawkin

• Last Login: Today at 01:35:29 PM
« Reply #3308 on: October 15, 2021, 01:53:24 PM »

OT, does anyone know why there aren't any if no Truck stops on 49 north of IH 40 north of Alma, before the series of elevated viaducts? I should have asked this 10 years ago?

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #3309 on: October 15, 2021, 02:38:27 PM »

OT, does anyone know why there aren't any if no Truck stops on 49 north of IH 40 north of Alma, before the series of elevated viaducts? I should have asked this 10 years ago?

There was one at Mountainburg, but it closed (It may have been too far off the highway).  There's a small Phillips 66 Truck Stop at Greenland. Most of the existing businesses predate I-540/I-49. It's also possible individual communities opted no to rezone.  (Which is beginning to happen around Gravette/Hiwassee)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:09:23 PM by US71 »

Tomahawkin

• Last Login: Today at 01:35:29 PM
« Reply #3310 on: October 15, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »

Yeah, I didn't like to go too far off of I-49 when I would drive from Fayetteville to Jonesboro. I usually left with a full tank and would stop outside of Russelville at the big pilot station there

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.