News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What state has the most efficient highway and road network

Started by Buffaboy, January 20, 2016, 02:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djlynch

Quote from: TXtoNJ on January 21, 2016, 01:17:45 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on January 21, 2016, 02:37:34 AM
I move to rename the thread "What city has..." Current question is far too vague to debate with civility.

Though, right off the bat, I've always been impressed by Texas. Though, I didn't enjoy the traffic last I was there (mainly Houston).

A lack of an all-freeway connection between Houston and Austin pretty much disqualifies Texas, though.

It's definitely a point against Texas, but I don't think that it's so bad that it should be disqualifying. IMO, the bigger issue is that there are relatively long stretches of interstate that are too busy to still only have two lanes each way (I-10 between Katy and San Antonio and I-35E between Hillsboro and the southern fringes of Dallas come to mind.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.