News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-270 (Maryland)

Started by cpzilliacus, December 19, 2014, 03:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Gazette.net: Delaney favors toll lanes for Interstate 270 - Legislators, business leaders talk about Montgomery, Frederick corridor

QuoteU.S. Rep. John K. Delaney said Thursday that toll lanes might be needed to ease traffic and congestion on Interstate 270, a corridor vital to the future of Montgomery and Frederick counties.

QuoteLeaders in the region must make sure the highway operates as efficiently as possible, Delaney (D-Dist. 6) of Potomac told legislators and business leaders from the two counties Thursday in Frederick at a meeting on the I-270 corridor.

QuoteDel. Michael Hough (D) of Brunswick, an incoming state senator from District 4, said Virginia has done a good job of combining ideas such as high-occupancy toll lanes and private investment in infrastructure to help ease congestion on its part of the Beltway and other major roads in the Washington, D.C. area.

QuoteBoth ideas seem as if they would be ideal concepts for helping address problems on I-270, Hough said.

QuoteDelaney said leaders should be cautious about public-private partnerships – sometimes, local governments get involved in deals that turn out badly for their constituents.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.