News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Alps' Roads UPDATE!

Started by Alps, August 29, 2009, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: D-Dey65 on February 05, 2012, 01:43:32 AM
I hate to say this, Steve, but your images of NY 25A are all red "X's":
http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/ny/ny_25a/

That'd be the wrong index file, clearly. Thanks.

Alps

Five months late, but I've finally gotten the Arizona scenery photos uploaded.

Alps

Two updates in the same month! New Mexico Roads has gotten a shot in the arm with well over 500 new photos of old US 66/85 alignments and a bunch of state and US highways. I even threw in a couple of videos. As always, comments, corrections, information, etc. welcomed.

Alps

Now the non-roads component of the last update. By far the most photos from any single state, 1,162 photos have been added to New Mexico Non-Roads. It includes a lot of scenery and plenty of old motel/building signs along Route 66. It's not roads, but some of it is roads related, so click over and check it out!

Alps

Newest update: ALMOT (Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas). Ring in your Labor Day weekend with almost 1,500 photos featuring US 66 in Texas and western Oklahoma, other old Oklahoma alignments, Shreveport and all its bridges, and Future I-49 from there to Texarkana, among others. Comments/corrections/information welcome, as always. Enjoy your time off! And to our international visitors, ha ha, we get time off!

http://www.alpsroads.net/roads

Brian556

Concerning "OLD US 380"-
Texas 24 (west of Greenville) became US 380 in 1971. Therefore, if this bridge was bypassed before 1971, it would be "Old Texas 24". I have no idea when this bridge was bypassed. Did you happen to observe the design caracteristics of the new bridge, in order to determine its appx age?

Also, glad you got the bridge remains at Norman, OK. It saw those on Google Maps and thaought that was interesting.
Overall, good update wit lots of interesting stuff, keep up the good work.

Alps

Quote from: Brian556 on September 01, 2012, 01:55:05 PM
Concerning "OLD US 380"-
Texas 24 (west of Greenville) became US 380 in 1971. Therefore, if this bridge was bypassed before 1971, it would be "Old Texas 24". I have no idea when this bridge was bypassed. Did you happen to observe the design caracteristics of the new bridge, in order to determine its appx age?

Bridgehunter sez 1980, so I'm in the clear. But thanks for the heads up!

Alps

Scott5114

Quote from: Brian556 on September 01, 2012, 01:55:05 PM
Concerning "OLD US 380"-

Also, glad you got the bridge remains at Norman, OK. It saw those on Google Maps and thaought that was interesting.
Overall, good update wit lots of interesting stuff, keep up the good work.

The south side of the river is Goldsby. Norman does not extend into McClain County at all, though its zip code does.

(As the only person on the Internet that grew up in Goldsby I must defend its honor at any opportunity. :P)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Speaking of Oklahoma, it's time for another Non-Roads update. (Yeah, I'm really making time this summer.) Oklahoma and Arkansas get a boost, and Texas is all-new with 370 photos. More US 66 photos in TX-OK, Palo Duro Canyon (TX), and Texarkana (TX-AR) are most of the photos. Check it out!
http://www.alpsroads.net/www

Alps

This evening, enjoy California Roads - over 1,500 photos of button copy, Route 66, button copy, old bridges, and did I mention button copy? Hope you like button copy! Part 1 today is the greater Los Angeles area all the way over to Arizona. Next to come, Part 2, San Diego. Comments, corrections, etc., always welcome.

Alps

Part 2 of California Roads, with 1,300 photos of San Diego and up the coast toward San Francisco. Even more button copy this time around. What can I say, I'm a slave to the almighty reflector. Comments, corrections, etc., always welcome.

PurdueBill

Those wacky but wonderful Lake JeNNiNgs Park signs.....are those sideways Z's?  :P

I have some pics from I-5 between SD and LA from March that I should have contributed that may have gone with these....maybe I will send for a future update if you want them!

Alps

Quote from: PurdueBill on October 26, 2012, 04:45:07 PM
Those wacky but wonderful Lake JeNNiNgs Park signs.....are those sideways Z's?  :P

I have some pics from I-5 between SD and LA from March that I should have contributed that may have gone with these....maybe I will send for a future update if you want them!
I won't say no. I'm sorting 2 years' worth of photos right now, so it's a great time to submit anything.

Alps

Okay, I've sorted everything I've done so far, and I have 13 more roads updates to go. So, what do people want to see? (Same poll is on my FB page.)

(You can pick one or more numbers, or rank them. Please use the numbers - I'm not moving states around within these groups.)

1 Quebec, Ontario
2 Maine, NH, Vermont
3 Massachusetts, RI, Delaware, part of NJ
4 Most of NJ
5 Connecticut, part of NY
6 Most of NY
7 Maryland and part of Pennsylvania
8 Virginia and part of Pennsylvania
9 Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky
10 Ohio, WV
11 Illinois
12 Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma
13 Florida, Georgia, SC, NC, Tennessee, DC

ARMOURERERIC

Are there any pics of OLD 80 from the Boulevard/Jacumba area that you would like since I lve there?  BTW, final regulatory approval nears for Jacumba to be renamed to Jacumba Hot Springs, in fact i just thought of a great old "Junction 94" sign near my farm

Alps

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on November 04, 2012, 12:51:45 AM
Are there any pics of OLD 80 from the Boulevard/Jacumba area that you would like since I lve there?  BTW, final regulatory approval nears for Jacumba to be renamed to Jacumba Hot Springs, in fact i just thought of a great old "Junction 94" sign near my farm
I don't have a whole lot of old 80 covered, so I'd accept the offer. But I don't know what I'd be looking for in Jacumba.

swbrotha100

Quote from: Steve on November 04, 2012, 12:41:46 AM
Okay, I've sorted everything I've done so far, and I have 13 more roads updates to go. So, what do people want to see? (Same poll is on my FB page.)

(You can pick one or more numbers, or rank them. Please use the numbers - I'm not moving states around within these groups.)

1 Quebec, Ontario
2 Maine, NH, Vermont
4 Most of NJ
6 Most of NY
10 Ohio, WV
11 Illinois

I'd like to see 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 13.

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

mc78andrew

Quote from: Steve on November 04, 2012, 12:41:46 AM

1 Quebec, Ontario
2 Maine, NH, Vermont
4 Most of NJ
6 Most of NY
10 Ohio, WV
11 Illinois

I'd like to see 1, 5 and 6.  Also 8 would be great once the HOT lanes are open on the beltway. 

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

After taking that whole roads poll, I still had a bunch of non-roads photos to finish up, and now you can see the results. Most of the photos are from California, and most of the rest are from way up high in the air. (If you can identify any mountains or canyons I flew over, I'd be happy to edit my pages accordingly.) Enjoy! Because after this, it's 13 straight roads updates.

Scott5114

Late to the party, but you know I'd like 12.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Just in time to ring out the old year, I've fulfilled the first request (based on total votes) for Quebec and Ontario. I have about 1,500 photos and exactly 5 videos (all in Quebec). This includes:
* Montreal (5/28/11) and Ottawa (8/25/12) meets
* So much freeway construction: ON Highway 417, QC A-5, A-30, A-35, A-50, QC 175
* Bridges covered and uncovered - Alexandra, Pakenham, Burlington Bay Skyway, Burlington Bay Lift Bridge in Ontario; covered bridges (on their own page with links to other pages), A-25 toll bridge, A-73 and QC 175 bridges in Quebec
* Finally, a visit up to Saguenay for a very special pyramid that you're sure to love.

http://www.alpsroads.net/roads - As always, comments, corrections, submissions, etc. are welcome and appreciated! Took me exactly 4 weeks for this update - if I can keep that kind of pace up, I'm through my current roads backlog by this time in 2013. Somehow, I doubt it.

Alps

First update of the new year, right on schedule for my "one update a month" plan. Highlights:

* Backyard railroad in Barnet - trust me, it's not just for railfans!
* A plethora of covered bridges in Vermont (with handy jumpoff page) and New Hampshire
* 11/12/11 Bennington Road Meet and VT 279 construction
* New photos from Israel
* New members of my sign collection

As always, comments, corrections, suggestions, submittals, etc. are always welcome. Coming next: the Midwest!

http://www.alpsroads.net/roads

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.