News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Delaware Welcome Sign Photo Request

Started by CtrlAltDel, May 31, 2015, 02:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

I am looking for a picture of the Welcome sign into Delaware along MD/DE 273, in or near Newark, Delaware. (For extra precision, the coordinates are 39.694337, -75.786508)

The sign looks like this (except not blurry):

If anyone has such a picture, or is willing to head out there to snap one, I would appreciate it. (I'm making a collection of welcome signs along the routes I've driven, and the one I have of this sign in particular is pretty much the worst one.)

Thanks.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

ChezeHed81

Sorry, CtrlAltDel, but the sign is apparently gone.  I went out there this afternoon and the tiny one that reads
  Delaware
New Castle County
just prior to Hall School Rd is all that I could find.  I remember pulling over onto the shoulder just prior to Church Rd, so I should have seen it if it was there.  Best wishes on your quest.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: ChezeHed81 on June 24, 2015, 01:19:27 PM
Sorry, CtrlAltDel, but the sign is apparently gone.  I went out there this afternoon and the tiny one that reads
  Delaware
New Castle County
just prior to Hall School Rd is all that I could find.  I remember pulling over onto the shoulder just prior to Church Rd, so I should have seen it if it was there.  Best wishes on your quest.

Well, that sucks.

Thank you for heading out there though. I do appreciate the effort on your part for an internet stranger.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.