News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

Getting close to 100 again today, getting real 2012 summer feels so far with all the heat so far. All we need is a drought to come in shortly  :spin:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Bruce

73 today, the highest so far this year.

It's going to be near 90 on Sunday and I am not looking forward to sweating it out.

thspfc

Third severe thunderstorm warning in 9 days.

Bruce

High 80s to low 90s. Too hot.

cl94

Another 90+ degree day in Albany. Average for a summer is 10; we're halfway there and it's not even July. At least 1 more likely in the next week, potentially 2.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny and in the 70s, with a tad bit of humidity. Inland is in the 90s. Beach parking lots are full.

Billy F 1988

Gonna get toasty in Missoula this week. Welcome to the hot dog days of summer 2022 in Montana, y'all. This is usually the beginning of the dry spell, too. All the moisture we got in the beginning of June has pretty much fizzled out.

Right now it's 82. I see two hot spot type of days. Monday and Saturday. The forecast high for Monday is 93 and Saturday is 89. Orofino and Riggins, ID are set to hit the century mark on Monday with Riggins forecast to hit 102. We stand at a level 2 heat risk according to the heat risk models. So if anyone is in Western Montana or Northern Idaho Panhandle, better have some water with 'ya to stay hydrated through the day.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

jgb191

Right around normal conditions we typically expect to see for this time of the year.  For today and tomorrow:

Nighttime Lows:  upper 70s to low 80s
Daytime Highs:   upper 90s to low 100s

On an interesting note:  McAllen hit 111 degrees on April 5th & 6th of this year, but have not reached that mark since then and (knock on wood) hopefully won't for the rest of the year.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Bruce

The marine layer has come to save the day, with temperatures only in the 60s (a 35-degree drop from the previous days). My allergies are still going crazy, though.

Ted$8roadFan

Will soon be HHH - hazy, hit and humid.

jgb191

Of the daily record highs for June 2020:  five of the days occurred in Arizona, 16 days in California, one in Nevada, and eight in Texas.  The average daily record of all the days in June was 114 degrees; the hottest of which was in Death Valley, California which recorded 123 degrees twice on June 10 & 11.

Ted$8roadFan

US 89

Quote from: Bruce on June 21, 2022, 06:36:33 PM

It's going to be near 90 on Sunday and I am not looking forward to sweating it out.

Quote from: Bruce on June 26, 2022, 01:33:18 PM
High 80s to low 90s. Too hot.

Quote from: Bruce on June 28, 2022, 09:07:34 PM
The marine layer has come to save the day, with temperatures only in the 60s (a 35-degree drop from the previous days). My allergies are still going crazy, though.

Man, it's hard to make you happy, isn't it.  :-D

I, for one, would love to have a high in the 80s. Last time we had a high below 90 in Salt Lake was on June 21st... almost two full weeks ago.

Ted$8roadFan

jakeroot

Quote from: US 89 on July 04, 2022, 11:50:03 PM

I, for one, would love to have a high in the 80s. Last time we had a high below 90 in Salt Lake was on June 21st... almost two full weeks ago.

I don't want to rag on Bruce specifically (he is a good friend), so I won't. But I will say this: many Seattleites pride themselves on their supposed love for mild, cloudy days, and temperatures in the 70s at most. It goes without saying that almost no one here has any idea how good we have it, and it's frankly insulting to the rest of this country how much people around here bitch about temperatures that would be considered very comfortable in most other places.

I, for one, miss the sun, and would take 80s and 90s everyday for the next three months if I could. Our Spring dragged on far longer than it should have; Seattle didn't even hit 60 last Sunday, and I'm hoping that'll be the last time that happens until October, because frankly, I can't hardly take it anymore. The lack of sun is insanely depressing; this area, as a whole, suffers from a very noticeable, if not serious Vitamin D deficiency. And people seem proud of it, almost. It's weird.

I-55

Six and a half inches of rain already today with who knows how much more on the way.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

webny99

Quote from: jakeroot on July 05, 2022, 07:21:48 PM
The lack of sun is insanely depressing; this area, as a whole, suffers from a very noticeable, if not serious Vitamin D deficiency. And people seem proud of it, almost. It's weird.

I recall commenting once that "if you don't like the weather, wait an hour", and getting roasted on here for suggesting that expression was specific to my area.

There's definitely a parallel here: I feel like pretty much the entire country north of, say, the 37th parallel would complain about the lack of sun in their area and be proud to do so, like they're tougher for having endured it or something. Speaking for my part of New York, it does seem like we can go months at a time with extremely limited sunshine, although it's usually November to April, not during the summer.

jgb191

Currently it is past midnight and the air temperature is still in the 90s as far north as Dallas.  The entire metroplex won't be dropping below 80 degrees at any time day or night any day soon.

Bruce

Quote from: US 89 on July 04, 2022, 11:50:03 PM

Call me Goldilocks. My house doesn't cool down fast enough at night for me to sleep all that well if the daytime temperature is above 80.

Quote from: jakeroot on July 05, 2022, 07:21:48 PM
I don't want to rag on Bruce specifically (he is a good friend), so I won't. But I will say this: many Seattleites pride themselves on their supposed love for mild, cloudy days, and temperatures in the 70s at most. It goes without saying that almost no one here has any idea how good we have it, and it's frankly insulting to the rest of this country how much people around here bitch about temperatures that would be considered very comfortable in most other places.

I, for one, miss the sun, and would take 80s and 90s everyday for the next three months if I could. Our Spring dragged on far longer than it should have; Seattle didn't even hit 60 last Sunday, and I'm hoping that'll be the last time that happens until October, because frankly, I can't hardly take it anymore. The lack of sun is insanely depressing; this area, as a whole, suffers from a very noticeable, if not serious Vitamin D deficiency. And people seem proud of it, almost. It's weird.

Honestly the dreary spring has made it even harder to adjust to the summer temperatures, since we were suddenly jolted by them halfway into June. Since I was born and raised here, I'm quite used to the normal weather cycle and never had to really adjust, but there's definitely a learning curve involved for transplants or those who have tasted the forbidden fruit of other climates.

The next week or so is 70s and low 80s, which is just about right. Summer really does start on July 5.

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny, warm, not too humid, in the 70s and 80s.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

It was in the high 70s today
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Billy F 1988

Missoula County was placed under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for about six hours today and not a single storm was near Missoula AT. ALL! None. All the storms were north, south, and east of Missoula. That forecast for storm risk was an absolute joke. *yawn* Thanks NOAA! Thanks SPC! Thanks NWS Missoula! For nothing! It may as well be raining goats from the land of the great Alans in the Garden City while clear and 73!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Scott5114

I mean, I don't know what you expect. A severe thunderstorm watch just means that conditions are favorable for the development of severe thunderstorms. It doesn't mean they're guaranteed to happen, and it definitely doesn't mean that every square foot in the advisory is going to get them, even if they do form.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

Quote from: Bruce on July 07, 2022, 04:01:53 AM
Quote from: US 89 on July 04, 2022, 11:50:03 PMMan, it's hard to make you happy, isn't it.  :-D

Call me Goldilocks. My house doesn't cool down fast enough at night for me to sleep all that well if the daytime temperature is above 80.

As I write this, in my local area it has been full dark for five hours, yet ambient temperature is 76° F with 71% humidity (66° F dewpoint).  This is the kind of weather where the A/C cycles on and off through the night.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.