Started by hotdogPi, August 17, 2016, 07:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: Alex on October 19, 2021, 12:51:41 PM

U.S. 169 south at Missouri Route 152, photographed 10/07/21

STILL there?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

US71

AR 612 is the temporary name of the US 412 Bypass. 612 ends here, so the assembly should be TO West US 412

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Bruce

TBKS1

Over a year ago, never posted it in here.

SR 78 shields located on the I-20 offramp at Leeds, Alabama. This should be US 78 instead. (taken on November 5, 2020)

I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

US71

WNYroadgeek

NY 20A remains alive and well: https://goo.gl/maps/rhJWndzy8Y6Y7CFu5

(And this is a fairly new installation; the GSV image from three years earlier has a correct US 20A shield: https://goo.gl/maps/shmokNnX55iyCK4EA)

LilianaUwU

While searching for the infamous Kurt Cobain BGS, I randomly found an erroneous WA 12 shield.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Bruce

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 21, 2021, 11:28:47 PM
While searching for the infamous Kurt Cobain BGS, I randomly found an erroneous WA 12 shield.

Somehow I missed that one while driving in the opposite direction. It seems to be on the latest SRweb for US 12 (dated 2020), so maybe it'll survive.

yakra

What's the infamous Kurt Cobain BGS?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

tigerwings

Ohio currently has US 66 signs where Ohio 66 turns north off US 6 towards Archbold in Henry County.

They has several US 25 signs in Toledo during construction last summer.

Bruce

Quote from: yakra on November 22, 2021, 04:22:30 PM

I'm guessing this mileage sign near Elma on WA 8 that can be modified to create a "666".

Sadly it was "fixed" by WSDOT a few years ago because idiots were intruding on a work zone to get their photo. https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/state-alters-road-sign-made-popular-by-kurt-cobain/281-601537924

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Bruce on November 22, 2021, 09:31:48 PM

I'm guessing this mileage sign near Elma on WA 8 that can be modified to create a "666".

Yep, that's it. It's such a shame that WSDOT purposefully made it erroneous.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Bruce

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 23, 2021, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: Bruce on November 22, 2021, 09:31:48 PM

Yep, that's it. It's such a shame that WSDOT purposefully made it erroneous.

Actually it might be more accurate now, since the distance from the sign in McCleary to US 101 in Aberdeen is 26.7 miles.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 21, 2021, 11:28:47 PM

When I was there in 2016, the first reassurance marker on US 12 west of I-5 was also a mistaken WA-12 sign.

WA-US12WRZF by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

ethanhopkin14

I was looking for something else when I stumbled on this.

Big John

^^ With the ground-posted one way sign pointing the wrong way.

formulanone

US Route 255 makes a several appearances at Nashville International Airport.

Bruce

FrCorySticha

Montana has recently decided to downgrade US 191 to a state highway (at Eddies Corner west of Lewistown):

hbelkins

^^^

Likely a contractor error. That intersection was under construction when I was there last August (coming the opposite direction).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

FrCorySticha

Quote from: hbelkins on March 20, 2022, 07:48:22 PM
^^^

Likely a contractor error. That intersection was under construction when I was there last August (coming the opposite direction).

I'm sure you're right. It looks to be mostly done, but still considered a work zone. Still got a kick out of the oops while there's a correct shield at the intersection.

cockroachking

In Middletown, NY, there is this overhead BGS on N Galleria Dr approaching NY-211. Here, NY-17 is upgraded to an eastern version of I-17 (they jumped the gun on the interstate designation and got the number wrong), and two new suffixed US Routes are added: US-211E and US-211W.

This assembly in Brewster, NY, features US-202 being downgraded to NY-202, one of the countless examples of this happening, so much so that these US-202 mistakes could be in their own thread.

At the intersection of US-44, US-209, and NY-55 in Kerhonkson, there are 4 erroneous NY-44 shields and an erroneous NY-209 shield. Then there is also this assembly at the western terminus of NY-299, featuring a US-44 and a NY-44 shield side by side.

I am sure there are countless other examples nearby, but living in Region 8 has partially desensitized me to these sorts of errors.

Bruce

Another US 14/WA 14 mixup, this time on WA 221 in Patterson.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.