News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Gap in Wyoming US 87

Started by Bickendan, May 15, 2017, 03:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

When did US 87 between Sheridan and Buffalo washout, and are there any plans to repair/rebuild/officially reroute the highway? Either my Google-fu's week or I'm just not finding any information about it aside from throwaway comments on Wikipedia.

usends

I know we discussed it awhile ago in this thread; some of your questions are addressed in there.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Bickendan

Avalanchez71

What about the missing section of US 87 in New Mexico?

usends

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 06, 2017, 05:21:14 PM
What about the missing section of US 87 in New Mexico?
I don't believe US 87 has a gap in NM... unless you're referring to the fact that it's not signed along I-25 between Raton and the Colorado line. 

The situation addressed in this thread is different: there is a section of US 87 in WY that has been impassable for years.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

JREwing78

This doesn't strike me as an area that is in dire need of another N-S highway. It does seem kinda silly that Wyoming hasn't addressed the deficiencies in WY 193 that would allow them to move US 87 to that alignment, or just moved US 87 to the I-90 alignment.

SD Mapman

Quote from: JREwing78 on July 08, 2017, 01:04:28 AM
This doesn't strike me as an area that is in dire need of another N-S highway. It does seem kinda silly that Wyoming hasn't addressed the deficiencies in WY 193 that would allow them to move US 87 to that alignment, or just moved US 87 to the I-90 alignment.

Quote from the other thread linked earlier:
Quote from: andytom on February 01, 2010, 01:24:32 PM

Actually, in 2001, WyDOT did make a petition to AASHTO to move US-87 onto WY-193 and it was rejected because of deficiencies on WY-193 that WyDOT has chosen not to address.  AASHTO made a couple of suggestions:  To move US-87 onto I-90 up to the next available crossover point or to move US-87 onto I-90 through the entire area.  AFAICT, WyDOT never answered back.

--Andy

Since that was in 2001, I wonder if they've fixed said deficiencies. I drove 193 a couple years back and it was really nice; nicer than some US routes I've been on in fact.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.