News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Where should I host a city meet in 2020?

Started by A.J. Bertin, May 28, 2019, 07:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please select one of these two locations to indicate your preferred location of the 2020 city meet:

Omaha, Nebraska
17 (50%)
Outer Banks of North Carolina (lunch in Nags Head; dinner in Elizabeth City)
17 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: August 01, 2019, 07:29:34 AM

cpzilliacus

I do not live terribly far from the Outer Banks of North Carolina (Maryland between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore) but have never been there. 

Closest I have come is the beaches of Virginia Beach and all of I-95 in the Carolinas.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

A.J. Bertin

The poll closed this morning and it's an even tie of 17 votes for Omaha and 17 votes for the Outer Banks. I intentionally did not vote in my own poll because I would have been perfectly happy with either choice (besides, I was the one who picked the destinations for the poll). I wanted majority to rule. But since we have a tie, I'm forced to cast the tie-breaking vote. (I didn't want to have to do this but that's all right.)

I'm excited to announce that the 2020 "city meet" will be held in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I will soon post a separate thread that will include a poll asking folks for preferences of a date that will be sometime between late April and late June (not to conflict with Gene's San Antonio meet that will take place on May 9).

Thanks so much to everyone who voted! For the folks who voted for Omaha, please know that Omaha will be the location for the 2021 city meet (date to be determined by the end of 2020).

This was a fun poll for me, but I was not expecting an even tie!
-A.J. from Michigan

kevinb1994

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on August 01, 2019, 01:20:19 PM
The poll closed this morning and it's an even tie of 17 votes for Omaha and 17 votes for the Outer Banks. I intentionally did not vote in my own poll because I would have been perfectly happy with either choice (besides, I was the one who picked the destinations for the poll). I wanted majority to rule. But since we have a tie, I'm forced to cast the tie-breaking vote. (I didn't want to have to do this but that's all right.)

I'm excited to announce that the 2020 "city meet" will be held in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I will soon post a separate thread that will include a poll asking folks for preferences of a date that will be sometime between late April and late June (not to conflict with Gene's San Antonio meet that will take place on May 9).

Thanks so much to everyone who voted! For the folks who voted for Omaha, please know that Omaha will be the location for the 2021 city meet (date to be determined by the end of 2020).

This was a fun poll for me, but I was not expecting an even tie!
Yeah that tied poll was rather unexpected for most of us. Funny that the number of votes got to 17, as that is the US Highway that is pretty much the Coastal Carolina Highway. ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.