News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Ted$8roadFan

1995hoo

Quote from: roadman65 on October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM
The last time you took a road trip out of state, where did you cross the state line into the neighboring state? When you returned what road did you use to reenter your home state?

(1) In both directions, we were immediately adjacent to, but not on, US-301 here (the thin grey line just to the right of the road).

(2) Not on a road–we were on the Auto Train. We weren't even going to consider making the I-95 trip on Memorial Day Weekend.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

7/8

This weekend was the first time I've driven in/out of Ontario since Jan. 2020. This time was on the 401/A-20 at the Quebec border for a trip to Montreal.

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: 7/8 on June 07, 2022, 09:54:31 AM
This weekend was the first time I've driven in/out of Ontario since Jan. 2020. This time was on the 401/A-20 at the Quebec border for a trip to Montreal.

I made that trek.  The traffic is a nightmare sometimes.

elsmere241

Most recently (Saturday) I left Delaware on I-95 and re-entered it on US 202.

CNGL-Leudimin

One of my recent trips had me leaving Aragon for Catalonia on N-230 (giving me a complete clinch of the National Highways in my province), then returning on C-26/A-140, leaving again on that same route and returning for good on the no longer tolled AP-2.

Most recently, I left Aragon for Navarre on A-1201/NA-128, and returned on A-21.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kernals12

jhuntin1

Took a day trip to Louisville yesterday -- entered Kentucky on I-65, re-entered Indiana on I-64.

1995hoo

I-495/I-95 over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

We went to the Nats game yesterday, so we drove over to the Branch Avenue Metro station in Maryland to avoid congestion downtown (there was a music festival) and to avoid having to change trains. It works quite well, but man, it reminded me why I hate the PG County Beltway so much. Lots of absurdly aggressive driving, tailgating, weaving in and out, etc. On the way over, coming off the bridge I was in the right lane and the guy in front of me was doing about 60 mph. But the guy in the left lane was going a little slower than that, so I couldn't go anywhere. Meanwhile, the dumbshit redneck behind me in his stupid pickup was inches from my bumper (had to turn off the adaptive cruise control–if it braked suddenly, the redneck would have rear-ended us). So the redneck became furious, whipped across to the left between two cars, and passed using the left shoulder, never mind that there were two trucks up ahead so he didn't get anywhere anyway.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

JayhawkCO

Very boring answer. Drove to Kansas City via I-70 and returned on I-70.

Ted$8roadFan

Left on I-295 from North Attleboro, Ma to Cumberland, RI.

Came back on I-95 from Pawtucket, RI to Attleboro, MA.

Ted$8roadFan

MATraveler128

Left Massachusetts Friday on I-93, returned home on I-91.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

7/8

On my second Montreal trip of the month, I left Ontario on ON 34/QC 344 in Hawkesbury/Grenville (for new counties and highways) and returned on the standard ON 401/QC A-20 route.

jlam

Went to Texas last week; left and returned to CO on US 287/385

Ted$8roadFan

MATraveler128

Left Massachusetts yesterday on MA 125 returned on I-93.

Buck87

About two weeks ago, to and from Michigan, US 23 both ways

Ted$8roadFan

ChimpOnTheWheel

Left Illinois for Indiana using I-94.
Left Indiana for Michigan using I-94.
Returned to Indiana using US-131.
Returned to Illinois using US-30.
Just a casual.

7/8

On my third (and likely last) Montreal trip of the year, I crossed ON/QC along the 417/A-40 (a first for me), then returned on the usual 401/A-20. And now I have 100% completion of Ontario's 400-series highways. :thumbsup:

Rothman

AK/BC:  White Pass and Yukon Route Railway, both directions.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

MATraveler128

Went to Rhode Island today. Entered and reentered on I-95 both ways.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.