News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Flashing green lights

Started by SkyPesos, September 18, 2021, 12:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 03, 2021, 12:48:39 AM
Flashing ball for protected left is omnipresent in Québec.

Wait, what? Is there a YouTube video or something? I always thought of Quebec as being quite good about using arrows, even using a red arrow that is otherwise very rare in Canada.

Edit: found some videos on YouTube. I assume they don't use it anymore, right?

paulthemapguy

Quote from: jakeroot on November 03, 2021, 12:50:26 PM

Wait, what? Is there a YouTube video or something? I always thought of Quebec as being quite good about using arrows, even using a red arrow that is otherwise very rare in Canada.

No, she's right, and she's a local.  I found them all over Montreal and other places around Quebec.  During my first time leaving the freeway in Quebec to find my accommodation for the night in Montreal, I was honked at because I didn't turn left at the flashing green ball.  I believe this first taste of this took place right here: https://goo.gl/maps/K1G92QAKXFs4kgQh7

You can see the eastbound approach has right arrows, but there are no left arrows to be seen.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

LilianaUwU

They absolutely still use it, or at the very least Québec City loves still using it.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

jakeroot

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 03, 2021, 05:15:09 PM
They absolutely still use it, or at the very least Québec City loves still using it.

No, meaning do they still install flashing green orbs? For example, in Ontario, they're very rare but do exist still. But certainly not being installed anymore. Does Quebec still install it?

andrepoiy

I tend to see them a lot when there's split phasing and they use a flashing green for that.

That's from my recent trip to Sherbrooke via Montreal

LilianaUwU

Quote from: jakeroot on November 03, 2021, 05:49:22 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 03, 2021, 05:15:09 PM

No, meaning do they still install flashing green orbs? For example, in Ontario, they're very rare but do exist still. But certainly not being installed anymore. Does Quebec still install it?

I'm pretty sure they do, as it's fairly cost effective vs buying new signal heads with arrows.
—Mr. Thwomp

plain

Quote from: paulthemapguy on November 03, 2021, 12:59:39 PM

No, she's right, and she's a local.  I found them all over Montreal and other places around Quebec.  During my first time leaving the freeway in Quebec to find my accommodation for the night in Montreal, I was honked at because I didn't turn left at the flashing green ball.  I believe this first taste of this took place right here: https://goo.gl/maps/K1G92QAKXFs4kgQh7

You can see the eastbound approach has right arrows, but there are no left arrows to be seen.

That link is on Montreal Island but not in the city limits of Montreal itself. From what I've seen the city of Montreal is committed to red arrows for protected lefts and 4, 5, and even 6-section towers for protected-permissive lefts. Also, as far as I know, Montreal (city) is the only place in Canada with red arrows.
Newark born, Richmond bred

LilianaUwU

Quote from: plain on November 03, 2021, 09:45:29 PM

That link is on Montreal Island but not in the city limits of Montreal itself. From what I've seen the city of Montreal is committed to red arrows for protected lefts and 4, 5, and even 6-section towers for protected-permissive lefts. Also, as far as I know, Montreal (city) is the only place in Canada with red arrows.

Québec City has red arrows at some intersections.
—Mr. Thwomp

plain

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 03, 2021, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: plain on November 03, 2021, 09:45:29 PM

Québec City has red arrows at some intersections.

Thanks! For the longest I thought they were exclusive to Montreal.
Newark born, Richmond bred

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.