Trailblazer signs (aka "TO" signs) marked with a double-headed arrow

Started by KCRoadFan, September 21, 2021, 10:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

Here in KC, along Stadium Drive at the exit to the parking lots at the Truman Sports Complex, there is a sign marked "TO I-70" where the arrow points not left or right, but rather in both directions - signaling to fans leaving the stadium after Royals and Chiefs games that no matter which direction they turn in, they can get to I-70 either way.

That makes me wonder: where else throughout the country have you seen one of those "TO" signs - known as "trailblazers" in road-fan parlance - marked with a double-headed arrow? At least in my area, it seems rare enough that it catches my attention whenever I do see one.

7/8

One example I can think of is Ontario highway 141 at Lake Joseph Rd. The "TO 400" sign labels each side of the arrow south or north:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8eUZgjXLPjZG5xoj7

US 89

I've seen them a few places around Salt Lake City downtown, where there are often multiple routes to the interstate that take more or less the same time. Here is one example on southbound West Temple approaching 500 South - both streets have direct ramps to the freeways four blocks away:

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

wanderer2575

This used to be at one or both of the exit driveways at the rest area/welcome center in Mackinaw City.  The assemblies were replaced when M-108 was decommissioned; the current trailblazer to I-75 points only to the right (south).

JayhawkCO

I'm on my phone so I can't link it easily, but it happens on US6 just west of I-70, pointing in two different directions to get back to I-70.

Chris

GenExpwy

There's this in Mayville NY, which I found on Wikipedia a few years ago:
(I-86 and NY 17 are the same highway)

hbelkins

I had a photo of one for US 68 in Blue Licks Battlefield State Park on my now-defunct (thanks, APlus, for the billing issues that caused my domain to do belly up) site.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: hbelkins on September 25, 2021, 04:41:48 PM
I had a photo of one for US 68 in Blue Licks Battlefield State Park on my now-defunct (thanks, APlus, for the billing issues that caused my domain to do belly up) site.

You mean this one?

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.