News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Guess the 3di Challenge

Started by Henry, October 11, 2021, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: ilpt4u on January 19, 2022, 09:29:55 PM
How about I-985 in Georgia?

Surprised everyone picked up so quickly on this being in the South! I-985 is correct, approximately here.

JayhawkCO

Damn.  I even glanced at I-985 and then I went and led everyone to Georgia.  :cool:

ilpt4u

Quote from: webny99 on January 19, 2022, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on January 19, 2022, 09:29:55 PM
How about I-985 in Georgia?

Surprised everyone picked up so quickly on this being in the South! I-985 is correct, approximately here.
The trees kinda reminded me of the trees you see during the Masters every spring - of course the trees are kept a little differently at August National versus the Georgia Dept of Transportation, but they have a similar overall look. Then after that, was finding a concrete 3DI with a tree covered median

I didn't find your exact spot, but I found the same other cars visible (that the Google car was following) in the GSVs I checked first

ilpt4u

I have let this go for over a week...And I'm still not coming up with a 3DI I want to put out there.

So I will pass my play, once again

cockroachking

jlam

ilpt4u

Quote from: jlam on February 01, 2022, 04:50:07 PM
I-86
3DI challenge - the clues and answers are all 3 Digit Interstate Highways

jlam

Oh, I thought this was the 2di challenge. How about I-390?

webny99

Wow, I really can't even tell if this is two lanes or three. I could be wrong but I don't think it's in NY because of the shoulders.

EDIT: I'll guess I-196.

cockroachking

I-390 and I-196 are both incorrect.

wriddle082

ilpt4u

cockroachking

webny99

That's some of the worst pavement quality I've seen. Should have known to look for one of the most under-used interstates.

CoreySamson

Quote from: webny99 on February 01, 2022, 09:30:14 PM
That's some of the worst pavement quality I've seen. Should have known to look for one of the most under-used interstates.
Yeah that pavement and the lack of cars make it seem like a horror movie scene.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

wriddle082

JayhawkCO

bassoon1986

I know it isn't I-220 in LA because there aren't any 6 lane sections. The area near I-49 is an auxiliary striped 3rd lane. But it does look like Louisiana.

I-310?

iPhone

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

webny99

Yeah, this feels like deja vu from the last time we had a Louisiana challenge, because of the edge barriers. I'll try I-110.

(Now watch it be somewhere else  :biggrin:)

jlam

wriddle082

I want to say someone got it correct but they may be thinking of the wrong state.  But I will say that this is in a state that borders the one where most of the guesses have been.

wriddle082

Quote from: wriddle082 on February 02, 2022, 04:26:43 PM
I want to say someone got it correct but they may be thinking of the wrong state.  But I will say that this is in a state that borders the one where most of the guesses have been.

Also, there are notable road features both right before this area, as well as a few miles up ahead.

hotdogPi

If someone got it right, why aren't you revealing it?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

wriddle082

Quote from: 1 on February 02, 2022, 04:32:30 PM
If someone got it right, why aren't you revealing it?

Number is right, state is wrong.  I can't remember exactly what the rules are in this game.  If someone guesses the number do they have to be specific if it's a commonly occurring 3di?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.