Guess the 3di Challenge

Started by Henry, October 11, 2021, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: ilpt4u on January 19, 2022, 09:29:55 PM
How about I-985 in Georgia?

Surprised everyone picked up so quickly on this being in the South! I-985 is correct, approximately here.

JayhawkCO

Damn.  I even glanced at I-985 and then I went and led everyone to Georgia.  :cool:

ilpt4u

Quote from: webny99 on January 19, 2022, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on January 19, 2022, 09:29:55 PM
How about I-985 in Georgia?

Surprised everyone picked up so quickly on this being in the South! I-985 is correct, approximately here.
The trees kinda reminded me of the trees you see during the Masters every spring - of course the trees are kept a little differently at August National versus the Georgia Dept of Transportation, but they have a similar overall look. Then after that, was finding a concrete 3DI with a tree covered median

I didn't find your exact spot, but I found the same other cars visible (that the Google car was following) in the GSVs I checked first

ilpt4u

I have let this go for over a week...And I'm still not coming up with a 3DI I want to put out there.

So I will pass my play, once again

cockroachking

jlam

ilpt4u

Quote from: jlam on February 01, 2022, 04:50:07 PM
I-86
3DI challenge - the clues and answers are all 3 Digit Interstate Highways

jlam

Oh, I thought this was the 2di challenge. How about I-390?

webny99

Wow, I really can't even tell if this is two lanes or three. I could be wrong but I don't think it's in NY because of the shoulders.

EDIT: I'll guess I-196.

cockroachking

I-390 and I-196 are both incorrect.

wriddle082

ilpt4u

cockroachking

webny99

That's some of the worst pavement quality I've seen. Should have known to look for one of the most under-used interstates.

CoreySamson

Quote from: webny99 on February 01, 2022, 09:30:14 PM
That's some of the worst pavement quality I've seen. Should have known to look for one of the most under-used interstates.
Yeah that pavement and the lack of cars make it seem like a horror movie scene.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

wriddle082

JayhawkCO

bassoon1986

I know it isn't I-220 in LA because there aren't any 6 lane sections. The area near I-49 is an auxiliary striped 3rd lane. But it does look like Louisiana.

I-310?

iPhone

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

webny99

Yeah, this feels like deja vu from the last time we had a Louisiana challenge, because of the edge barriers. I'll try I-110.

(Now watch it be somewhere else  :biggrin:)

jlam

wriddle082

I want to say someone got it correct but they may be thinking of the wrong state.  But I will say that this is in a state that borders the one where most of the guesses have been.

wriddle082

Quote from: wriddle082 on February 02, 2022, 04:26:43 PM
I want to say someone got it correct but they may be thinking of the wrong state.  But I will say that this is in a state that borders the one where most of the guesses have been.

Also, there are notable road features both right before this area, as well as a few miles up ahead.

hotdogPi

If someone got it right, why aren't you revealing it?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

wriddle082

Quote from: 1 on February 02, 2022, 04:32:30 PM
If someone got it right, why aren't you revealing it?

Number is right, state is wrong.  I can't remember exactly what the rules are in this game.  If someone guesses the number do they have to be specific if it's a commonly occurring 3di?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.