News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Proposed US Route 789

Started by Max Rockatansky, January 21, 2024, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Apparently, we don't have a thread for the once proposed US Route 789 (we do have AZ 789 and WY 789 threads).  I was kind of surprised at how wonky this proposal was given it led only one true AASHO application and a Multi-State Route. 

https://www.gribblenation.org/2024/01/paper-highways-us-route-789-canada-to.html

Molandfreak

I wonder why AASHTO didn't offer an extension of US 310 as an alternative. Alternatively, C-13 should have been eliminated instead of that portion of C-789.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Molandfreak on January 21, 2024, 06:16:26 PM
I wonder why AASHTO didn't offer an extension of US 310 as an alternative. Alternatively, C-13 should have been eliminated instead of that portion of C-789.

For some reason AASHO was pushing 387 and 787.  But yeah, if the proposed routing just included CO 13 and Wyoming it probably would have been approved.

The Ghostbuster

Here is a quote from the former US Highways 1-830 website on a US 789 from the Future and Potential US Highways page: "US 789 would have been a major exception to the numbering rules. There would be too many parts of the route concurrent with other numbers for most of the DOT's involved. First proposed 1941 by Colorado. Has existed since 1954, S exten to CO in 1955, NM and AZ in 1956. Most states dropped the number in the 1980's, leaving Wyoming with an oddly numbered highway." I always thought the former multi-state Highway 789 was a weird designation.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.