News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Dayton, OH

Started by AcE_Wolf_287, July 15, 2020, 09:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Question for y'all: I just drove the Dayton International Airport Access Road and apparently it's not a state highway. So who maintains it? When was the freeway portion built through US 40 to I-70? Historicaerials suggests that first the new terminal was built (1961), then the new access road was constructed to US 40 (1968 shows it being improved near the terminal), but there's a gap to the "1984" aerial where the whole access to I-70 is shown. Meanwhile, the airport's own website suggests the access to I-70 came somewhat later than 1984, hence my quotation marks.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

First ODOT map showing a connection between I-70 & Dayton Airport is 1983.
As to who maintains it? Either Montgomery Co or Vandalia (I don't believe the airport road is under the jurisdiction of Dayton).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

sprjus4

Bitmapped

Quote from: Alps on January 30, 2022, 01:06:06 AM
Question for y'all: I just drove the Dayton International Airport Access Road and apparently it's not a state highway. So who maintains it? When was the freeway portion built through US 40 to I-70? Historicaerials suggests that first the new terminal was built (1961), then the new access road was constructed to US 40 (1968 shows it being improved near the terminal), but there's a gap to the "1984" aerial where the whole access to I-70 is shown. Meanwhile, the airport's own website suggests the access to I-70 came somewhat later than 1984, hence my quotation marks.

The City of Dayton definitely is responsible for the Terminal Drive portion north of US 40. They were the local sponsor for a project to rehab that part of the roadway.

The section between US 40 and the vicinity of the I-70 interchange appears to be the City of Vandalia. They were the local sponsor for a resurfacing project according to the MPO.

It's not clear who handles the part right by the I-70 interchange. Maybe ODOT?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.