News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-15 Technology Corridor

Started by US 89, March 18, 2018, 10:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 89

UDOT recently published a set of detailed maps of the final configuration that are available on the project website, but I figured I'd post them here anyway.

Timpanogos Highway interchange (SR 92):

2100 North interchange (SR 194):

Frontage roads:

Active transportation:

Access to/from I-15:

It's going to be very strange getting to I-15 south from 1200 West. That'll involve crossing under the freeway, then a Texas U-turn, followed by a flyover ramp over eastbound 2100 North before finally merging onto 15.

US 89

Per a recent UDOT email update, the one-way frontage roads will finally connect to 2100 North this weekend. And it's looking like the rest of this project will be all wrapped up within a few months:

Using Lakitu in that graphic (with a UDOT hat, even!) is clever but probably isn't kosher from a trademark perspective.

US 89

This past week, some new ramps opened along the Tech Corridor freeway as construction nears its scheduled completion by the end of 2020. There is a new basketweave southbound on-ramp from the southbound frontage road (Thanksgiving Way) just past Triumph Blvd, but most notable is the new ramp from 2100 North (SR 194) to southbound I-15. It's a left exit from the eastbound direction that then bridges back over the eastbound lanes and the State Street intersection. If you're heading west on 2100 North, you get to southbound 15 by making a Texas-style U-turn at Thanksgiving Way, then taking the same left exit. The temporary loop ramp that was there is gone now. 

The configuration, while strange, will make it easier to eventually build the Mountain View Corridor freeway in the 2100 North median.

US 89

By the end of this week, the Timpanogos Highway interchange should be just about in its final configuration. In addition to the dedicated U-turn lane on the south side, a new connection will be completed linking Thanksgiving Way to the north directly with the I-15 southbound frontage road and SR 92 (this currently requires cutting over to Ashton Blvd).

With this change, Thanksgiving Way should become a unified designation for the west-side frontage road - although they will have to come up with a new name for the short segment of old Thanksgiving Way between the frontage road and Ashton.

US 89

From UDOT News: Six Lanes Now Open on I-15 Tech Corridor

QuoteSix lanes are now open in each direction through the I-15 Technology Corridor project, from S.R. 92 to Main Street in Lehi — the last section of I-15 to be widened to six lanes between Bangerter Highway and Orem. Construction on the $415 million project began in May 2018 and is on schedule for completion in late 2020.

COMPLETED WORK
  • Eliminated a bottleneck by adding two lanes in each direction on I-15 between Lehi Main Street and Timpanogos Highway (S.R. 92). The additional two lanes on I-15 will keep Utah moving and improve quality of life for residents and commuters.
  • Replaced aging infrastructure with new pavement on I-15 that is designed to last another 40 years.
  • Built 17 bridges, including a new bridge over I-15 at Triumph Boulevard. Bridges were redesigned to accommodate more lanes on I-15, the frontage road system and new active transportation features, and are designed to last 75 years.
  • Improved local traffic flow for businesses and residents with a new one-way frontage road system between 2100 North and S.R. 92, the first of its kind in Utah.
  • Redesigned interchanges at S.R. 92 and 2100 North and added several new on- and off-ramps between the two interchanges, to make it easier for drivers to get on and off the freeway as well as cross underneath it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.