Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Virginia

<< < (1275/1316) > >>

WillWeaverRVA:
Some more observations from the VDOT ArcGIS map:

- US 60 is correctly shown as ending at Rudee Inlet

- US 258 and VA 143 are shown as running concurrently on McNair Dr on Fort Monroe

- VA 351 is shown as ending one block past VA 169 at 2nd Street in Hampton

- VA 321 is shown as ending at VA 199 and becoming SR 5000 at that point rather than at SR 613

- VA 281 is correctly shown on Airport Dr from VA 895 to Charles City Rd (but VDOT won't fix the signs as they say Henrico County has to do it)

- VA 2 is shown as ending at VA 3 BUSINESS in Fredericksburg

- VA 228 appears to have been rerouted onto Herndon Pkwy rather than passing through downtown Herndon

- VDOT continues the VA 90005 designation for the portion of George Washington Memorial Pkwy that enters DC

- VA 244 is shown as truncated to the Fairfax-Arlington line, which is correct, except VDOT hasn't removed any VA 244 postings from within Arlington County (based on Sept 2021 GSV)

- VA 7 and VA 236 are shown as ending at VA 400/VA 90005 in Alexandria

Mapmikey:
It also shows a small disconnected piece of VA 244 at the eastern VA 27 interchange.

Oddly, despite being truncated, VA 237 is still shown all the way to US 50.

Leonard Sandridge Rd in Charlottesville is shown as part of VA 302.

The weird VA 317 in Staunton is not shown, but the odd VA 333 piece that goes under I-81 is on there.

It also has old US 58 ALT through Dryden as US 58 Business (GMSV is ancient and shows OLD US 58 postings at both ends)

1995hoo:

--- Quote from: Mapmikey on June 27, 2022, 12:21:34 PM ---....

--- End quote ---

That seems like it would be correct. Isn't VA-302 the number assigned to all VDOT-maintained on-Grounds roads at UVA? Sandridge is located on the North Grounds (it was originally named the "North Grounds Connector Road").

WillWeaverRVA:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on June 27, 2022, 12:29:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

That seems like it would be correct. Isn't VA-302 the number assigned to all VDOT-maintained on-Grounds roads at UVA? Sandridge is located on the North Grounds (it was originally named the "North Grounds Connector Road").

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is correct. It probably got added to the VA 302 network at some point.

Interestingly, over at UVA's rival in Blacksburg, the routes haven't been updated to reflect the new US 460/Southgate Drive interchange, but I assume the realigned Southgate Drive is still part of VA 314.

Mapmikey:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on June 27, 2022, 12:29:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, but the trick is knowing which roads on an institution's property is VDOT maintained or not, as not every road would be.

Unrelated:  I-74 is NOT assigned to the I-77 segment south of I-81 per the arcgis.  it is possible nobody at VDOT remembers they did this in 1996.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version