Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Virginia

<< < (1317/1331) > >>

bluecountry:

--- Quote from: Strider on September 22, 2022, 12:49:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluecountry on September 19, 2022, 07:25:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 12, 2022, 09:56:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on September 12, 2022, 03:49:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: bluecountry on September 11, 2022, 06:52:56 PM ---95 needs to be like the NJTP, should be the first priority in VA.  Period.

--- End quote ---

Why is that so, despite the truckers on 81?

--- End quote ---
Because he travels on I-95 more than I-81 and doesn't want to be inconvenienced by heavy traffic on 95.

--- End quote ---
Because I-95 is severely over capacity, it is one of the worst bottlenecks in the country, it connects and serves the nation's capital, megalopolis, and northeast to FL traffic.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, there are HOV (or HOT?) lanes being built over there... you can take them.

--- End quote ---
Except they are in one direction even though the corridor is hardly just a commuter zone.

1995hoo:
The following tweet appeared this morning. Note the VDOT logo. The survey is on VDOT's behalf. I assume members of this forum will immediately notice what I found amusing about the tweet itself.

Today, September 30, is the last day to provide your input! Take a short survey & help improve how weather-related information is communicated to the traveling public.
➡️ Take the survey: https://t.co/mP1hr6V5ud pic.twitter.com/ObQwtQrL6a— VDOT (@VaDOT) September 30, 2022
--- End quote ---

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on September 30, 2022, 09:05:47 AM ---The following tweet appeared this morning. Note the VDOT logo. The survey is on VDOT's behalf. I assume members of this forum will immediately notice what I found amusing about the tweet itself.

Today, September 30, is the last day to provide your input! Take a short survey & help improve how weather-related information is communicated to the traveling public.
➡️ Take the survey: https://t.co/mP1hr6V5ud pic.twitter.com/ObQwtQrL6a— VDOT (@VaDOT) September 30, 2022
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Three things jumped out at me:

The typo "you."

The fact that a hurricane warning is posted on the VMS board and there really is a hurricane that could impact Virginia.

TTI's involved and the font isn't Clearview.  :-D

1995hoo:
What stood out most to me is that its a picture of the New Jersey Turnpike.

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on September 30, 2022, 11:15:04 PM ---What stood out most to me is that its a picture of the New Jersey Turnpike.

--- End quote ---
You think VDOT wants the same kinds of VMS signs on their coastal interstates?

:paranoid: [sigh] I still remember when the VMS signs of the New Jersey Turnpike was one of the features that made it so unique.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version