News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Unusual dedicated lanes

Started by kphoger, June 13, 2023, 12:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

So, here is the toll booth on the northbound approach to the Rio Grande at the Colombia (NL) border crossing, just northwest of Laredo.  I drove through here on Saturday.

We got a good chuckle that Tesla vehicles get their own lane (but leaving just one lane for all other passenger cars).  Now, just how many Teslas drive into the US from Mexico at this location per day, I wonder?  Most boring toll collection job ever?

I also see now that John Deere gets its own lane as well.

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Joe The Dragon

abefroman329

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: abefroman329 on June 14, 2023, 07:37:43 PM
What's a decicated lane?

A desiccated lane would be one that only goes to the desert.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

GaryV

Quote from: abefroman329 on June 14, 2023, 07:37:43 PM
What's a decicated lane?

A pre-entry to the "change one letter" thread.

jakeroot

If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed the Tesla and John Deere signs were props for a movie. That is ludicrous.

lordsutch

I'd assume the lanes are paid priority lanes for trucks transporting stuff between those companies' warehouses on each side of the border, rather than the particular companies' vehicles.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: lordsutch on June 16, 2023, 12:29:18 AM
I'd assume the lanes are paid priority lanes for trucks transporting stuff between those companies' warehouses on each side of the border, rather than the particular companies' vehicles.
Elon Musk would definitely pay for Tesla-only lanes. He's known for spending his money unwisely, after all.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.