News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Numbered, signed highways that can only be driven in one direction

Started by KCRoadFan, June 14, 2023, 11:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

In Minneapolis, north of 46th Street, Portland and Park Avenues form a one-way couplet - Portland carries southbound traffic while Park goes northbound.

Hennepin County designates Portland as County 35 and Park as County 33 - hence, each of those county roads can only be driven in one direction (well, unless you're willing to risk an accident or a ticket from the Minneapolis Police, that is).

Anyway, what other signed numbered highways around the country might share this trait, whether they be other county roads, state highways, or even US highways? I'm sure there's at least a handful of them somewhere.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

froggie

KCRoadFan

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: KCRoadFan on June 14, 2023, 11:00:40 PM
In Minneapolis, north of 46th Street, Portland and Park Avenues form a one-way couplet - Portland carries southbound traffic while Park goes northbound.

Hennepin County designates Portland as County 35 and Park as County 33 - hence, each of those county roads can only be driven in one direction (well, unless you're willing to risk an accident or a ticket from the Minneapolis Police, that is).

County 35 extends onto the 2-way section of Portland south of 46th St., so some of it can be driven both directions.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

JCinSummerfield

Quote from: KCRoadFan on June 15, 2023, 10:11:22 AM
Quote from: froggie on June 15, 2023, 08:54:07 AM
Yes there was.  About 6 months ago.

How do I do a merge?

When you come close to the end of the entrance, be sure you are close to traveling speed. Look in your mirrors for traffic.  Try to fit in between cars.  You may have to slow back down to allow cars past you before you move onto the highway.  Be sure to use your turn signal.

wanderer2575

Quote from: JCinSummerfield on June 16, 2023, 12:16:49 PM

How do I do a merge?

When you come close to the end of the entrance, be sure you are close to traveling speed. Look in your mirrors for traffic.  Try to fit in between cars.  You may have to slow back down to allow cars past you before you move onto the highway.  Be sure to use your turn signal.

He'll be here all week, folks.  Try the veal; it's the best in the city.  Be sure to tip your waitstaff.

KCRoadFan

Quote from: JCinSummerfield on June 16, 2023, 12:16:49 PM

How do I do a merge?

I meant a merge between two threads on the forum. Now cut it out with the unhelpful replies!

froggie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.