News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-4 verses I-5

Started by roadman65, July 17, 2023, 03:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Henry on July 18, 2023, 10:01:55 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on July 18, 2023, 08:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rothman on July 17, 2023, 11:09:26 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on July 17, 2023, 10:30:51 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on July 17, 2023, 03:32:17 PM
Can anything be worse than I-4?
Probably one portion of I-95, either in the Miami area or one of the Northeast cities. Not sure which exact one takes the cake though.
I-95 south of DC, almost to Richmond.
After having spent some time in the Fredericksburg area I agree with that.
I'd nominate I-75/I-85 in Atlanta for being worse than I-4. The thing was rebuilt 40 years ago, and has gotten progressively worse ever since. As a matter of fact, its round-the-clock bumper-to-bumper traffic would certainly rival anything the Los Angeles freeways can dish out.

Los Angeles anything is overblown.  The traffic may be slow but it rarely is a sustained full on stoppage.  There is too much redundancy in the freeway system to permit true full bottlenecks.

Bickendan

Guys, guys, c'mon. Everyone knows the worst is on the Hypotenuse :bigass:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Bickendan on July 18, 2023, 11:15:40 PM

Lies, everyone knows Illinois is the best (and definitely not flat) and Wisconsin has the worst Interstate traffic.

Flint1979

Quote from: Henry on July 18, 2023, 10:01:55 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on July 18, 2023, 08:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rothman on July 17, 2023, 11:09:26 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on July 17, 2023, 10:30:51 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on July 17, 2023, 03:32:17 PM
Can anything be worse than I-4?
Probably one portion of I-95, either in the Miami area or one of the Northeast cities. Not sure which exact one takes the cake though.
I-95 south of DC, almost to Richmond.
After having spent some time in the Fredericksburg area I agree with that.
I'd nominate I-75/I-85 in Atlanta for being worse than I-4. The thing was rebuilt 40 years ago, and has gotten progressively worse ever since. As a matter of fact, its round-the-clock bumper-to-bumper traffic would certainly rival anything the Los Angeles freeways can dish out.
Yeah that one is pretty bad. I was replying to I-95 but Atlanta traffic is among the worst.

Flint1979

Quote from: Big John on July 18, 2023, 10:07:01 PM
Hillside Strangler anyone?
I would agree with all the lanes dropping there that is indeed a horrific interchange.

StogieGuy7

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 18, 2023, 10:09:31 PM
Los Angeles anything is overblown.  The traffic may be slow but it rarely is a sustained full on stoppage.  There is too much redundancy in the freeway system to permit true full bottlenecks.

Yes, FINALLY someone said it! LA traffic can be awful, but it can usually be avoided in some way nor is it was bad as some other cities traffic issues. I find Atlanta to be worse, for example. This Chicago area isn't actually bad, but any expressway that heads inside of the Tri-State Tollway and into the city itself is horrible.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 18, 2023, 11:30:57 PM
Quote from: Bickendan on July 18, 2023, 11:15:40 PM

Lies, everyone knows Illinois is the best (and definitely not flat) and Wisconsin has the worst Interstate traffic.

OK, neither are true. Then again, Illinois residents are right about cheeseheads camping in the left lane and generally driving like dog crap; Wisconsinites are hilarious calling people from Illinois "flatlanders". Huh? Hey Wisconsin, I have news for you: YOU are flat too!  Illinois is flatter but come on, even a state like Connecticut looks like Switzerland when compared with Wisconsin.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.