News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Deep South

Started by HighWaySignLover013, August 01, 2023, 06:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighWaySignLover013

formulanone

[checks out Flickr user]

Oh hey, you drew all over my Alabama 213 shield photo.

AL213 South Sign - Saraland by formulanone, on Flickr

...well, my evening became more interesting. I have more if you need them.

Max Rockatansky

I say that was photo theft, but the vandalized copy is so bad that I'm not sure what to even make of it. 

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 01, 2023, 09:05:06 PM
I say that was photo theft, but the vandalized copy is so bad that I'm not sure what to even make of it. 
I don't know what to make of those scribbles. Then again I liked to draw route shields and electric poles on maps till I was 11.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

HighWaySignLover013

Just let yall know I took these pics
And if you see my drawings I know I stole the highway pics I was going impulsive and careless because I love them so much to the point my day is down because I missed a highway sign

formulanone

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 01, 2023, 09:05:06 PM

I post most pics as Creative Commons so that's okay...

Quote from: HighWaySignLover013 on August 01, 2023, 11:19:22 PM
Just let yall know I took these pics
And if you see my drawings I know I stole the highway pics I was going impulsive and careless because I love them so much to the point my day is down because I missed a highway sign

...You're free to remix them anyway you want. The only exception is that the transformed work by others also becomes non-copyrightable, since it is a substantially derivative work.

Rothman

I was going to say this thread is "the worst thread I've ever heard of," but immediately thought of worse.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

HighWaySignLover013

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on August 02, 2023, 09:11:29 AM
I was going to say this thread is "the worst thread I've ever heard of," but immediately thought of worse.

"The Universe According to MMM"  subjectively is the worst for me.

Rothman

Quote from: HighWaySignLover013 on August 02, 2023, 09:36:58 AM
What do you mean
Eh, I was a bit harsh since you're new to the forum, but finding out someone's snagging other people's photos, altering them and posting them on Flickr still feels a bit iffy, Creative Commons or not.  Be sure to take formulanone's warning about not being able to copyright your altered photos seriously.

A better title for the thread would be something like, "HighWaySignLover013's Shield Photos" -- as long as the ones you posted are indeed yours -- and this thread put into the Photos Videos and More board.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

formulanone

Quote from: Rothman on August 02, 2023, 10:29:51 AM
Quote from: HighWaySignLover013 on August 02, 2023, 09:36:58 AM
What do you mean
Eh, I was a bit harsh since you're new to the forum, but finding out someone's snagging other people's photos, altering them and posting them on Flickr still feels a bit iffy, Creative Commons or not.  Be sure to take formulanone's warning about not being able to copyright your altered photos seriously.

I'm not too worried, but at least invite me to the gallery opening.

HighWaySignLover013

Search up Highway Expert bur it's friends only atm

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.