Never let a dyslexic person design highway signs

Started by Skye, August 03, 2023, 03:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skye

A highway sign on I-74 in Cincinnati is making the news because one of the names is misspelled. The eastbound exit sign for Exit 14 should read "Cheviot". Instead it reads "Chevoit".

https://local12.com/news/local/misspelling-cheviot-interstate-74-exit-sign-north-bend-chevoit-misspelled-cincinnati

Max Rockatansky

Road Hog

Big John

flan

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Quillz

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

adwerkema

Big John

^^ At least they spelled out Grand and not used Gd.

1995hoo

Quote from: Quillz on August 03, 2023, 10:35:00 PM
I overcaem dyslexia.

As someone I knew had in his autosignature, "I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's."

Haven't seen this one on the forum before:

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

CtrlAltDel

I think the title of this thread might be unnecessarily insulting.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

vdeane

Quote from: 1995hoo on August 04, 2023, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: Quillz on August 03, 2023, 10:35:00 PM
I overcaem dyslexia.

As someone I knew had in his autosignature, "I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's."

Haven't seen this one on the forum before:

Oh look, it's News10, my favorite local news station.  Interesting that the graphics imply that the sign typo in another part of the state (News10 is an Albany station, although News Channel 9 in Syracuse is a fellow Nextar ABC affiliate) is "breaking news".
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Skye on August 03, 2023, 03:48:11 PM
A highway sign on I-74 in Cincinnati is making the news because one of the names is misspelled. The eastbound exit sign for Exit 14 should read "Cheviot". Instead it reads "Chevoit".

https://local12.com/news/local/misspelling-cheviot-interstate-74-exit-sign-north-bend-chevoit-misspelled-cincinnati

So did a dyslexic person design this sign or are you just making fun of people with disabilities for the sake of a (bad) joke.

jeffandnicole

I have a photo credit in the paper from many years ago for taking a picture of a sign with the town of Gibbstown spelled Gibbtsown on one of the signs.  But I didn't think of it as a dyslexic issue; someone just designed the sign wrong.

Road Hog

A sign on US 377 in Pilot Point once pointed the way north to Whitestboro. That sign has disappeared down the memory hole but can still be seen if you want to go find newspaper microfilm from 2003-ish.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.