How to Bulid a Road (building I-70 in western Colorado)

Started by JREwing78, August 11, 2023, 03:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JREwing78

Wendover Productions on YouTube posted a video about the challenges in constructing I-70 through the Rocky Mountains in western Colorado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmlfy4svwuM
Your thoughts?

pderocco

I love that road. I drove it first in May 1993, unaware that the Glenwood Canyon part was only seven months old. I drove it again a decade later, this time over Loveland Pass, and drove the part west of Rifle a few years after that. I'll probably drive some of it again soon, as I'm planning another x-country trip.

It was nice to see a video about the construction that was obviously shot on film, since there was no HD video back in those days. Much sharper than the typical NTSC video documentaries we usually see about roads.

Rothman

Heh.  I drove through it while it was under construction.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

I can't resist asking whether they played Bulid the Blue Sky while buliding the road. (I resisted asking for several hours.)

:bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.