Technical: OR 224 at I-205

TheStranger

Some California examples:

Route 84 at I-880 in Fremont
Route 77 at I-880 in East Oakland, lol
Route 154 at US 101 in Santa Barbara
Route 78 at I-5 and Vista Way in Oceanside
Route 56 at I-15 near Poway
Kearny Villa Road (former US 395/I-15) at Route 163 (former US 395) in Miramar, San Diego
Friars Road (mostly freeflowing east of this point) at Route 163, San Diego
Chris Sampang

Rothman

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on August 20, 2023, 05:34:38 PM
Quote from: Rothman on August 20, 2023, 07:51:08 AM
What about I-535/US 53 at I-35?  There was at least one light in that interchange and then US 53 becomes a surface street to go up the hill.

Eh, probably doesn't count.  Too early in the morning for this.

There's another interchange on 53 at West 21st north of I-35, so the freeway doesn't technically end northbound at I-35.
Heh.  Google Maps is saying the connection allowing US 53 to go from the Blatnik up the hill is still severed due to the ongoing construction...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Rothman on August 20, 2023, 08:25:44 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on August 20, 2023, 05:34:38 PM
Quote from: Rothman on August 20, 2023, 07:51:08 AM
What about I-535/US 53 at I-35?  There was at least one light in that interchange and then US 53 becomes a surface street to go up the hill.

Eh, probably doesn't count.  Too early in the morning for this.

There's another interchange on 53 at West 21st north of I-35, so the freeway doesn't technically end northbound at I-35.
Heh.  Google Maps is saying the connection allowing US 53 to go from the Blatnik up the hill is still severed due to the ongoing construction...

Corresct. There is no connection whatsoever between 35 and 535/53 right now, nor are 535 and 53 able to be driven through. Last I heard, construction working on 53 to the north uncovered an indigenous person's remains, and never heard an update on if construction was allowed to resume there or still on hold while tribal authorities continue investigating.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on August 20, 2023, 02:57:55 PM
The brand new section of US 31 NB at Benton Harbor becomes Main St upon crossing I-94.

US 31 NB at South Bend becomes Michigan St. upon crossing US 20.

A couple from Indy:

US 31 SB becomes Meridian Street upon crossing I-465.
I-69 SB becomes Binford Boulevard upon crossing I-465. (This will change in 2025)
I-74 WB becomes Southeastern Avenue upon crossing I-465.
Former one: I-74 EB became Crawfordsville Road when crossing I-465.
Another former one in southwestern Indiana: I-164 (now I-69) became SR 57 when crossing I-64.

ran4sh

Some of y'all are answering with normal freeway-freeway interchanges where one leg becomes a surface street, the OP was specifically about interchanges where the freeway that becomes a surface street, has traffic lights.
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on August 20, 2023, 01:53:14 PM
If we're counting termini: WA 518 at WA 509 in Burien and WA 512 at I-5 in Lakewood.

WA 99 at WA 509 in Seattle is another case, where traffic continuing from the South Park Freeway to WA 99 must take a signalized left and marge onto the 1st Avenue South Bridge.

Another Washington example: WA-509 at I-705 in Tacoma. 509 ends at a [signalized] SPUI above I-705, and then continues into Tacoma as S 21st. Eventually it goes up the hill and becomes a rather inconsequential residential street that doesn't even have priority at most intersections.

In fact, come to think of it, I cannot think of any other roads that undergo this level of transition over such a short span. Third of a mile from freeway to unmarked residential street.

KCRoadFan

Quote from: ran4sh on August 21, 2023, 02:00:58 AM
Some of y'all are answering with normal freeway-freeway interchanges where one leg becomes a surface street, the OP was specifically about interchanges where the freeway that becomes a surface street, has traffic lights.

Yes - and that's what the question would have been, if the maximum character limit hadn't stood in the way.

jakeroot

Quote from: KCRoadFan on August 21, 2023, 06:49:58 AM

Yes - and that's what the question would have been, if the maximum character limit hadn't stood in the way.

How about, "Signalized freeway terminus, but continues as surface street"?

Big John

WI 54/57 freeway segment in Green Bay ends just south of the I-43 interchange at a traffic signal at University Ave.

GaryV

Quote from: wanderer2575 on August 20, 2023, 06:29:38 PM
West end of the Davison Freeway at M-10 in Detroit.  Davison Avenue continues west to I-96 and actually a bit beyond. 
The eastern end of the Davison too. The freeway ends after I-75.

roadman65

Asheville, NC on I-240 WB. It ( and I-26) TOTSO where US 19/23 SB remain as mainline to abruptly become Patton Avenue.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

Carthage, MO.  MO 96 at I-49/ US 71 is a freeway from the west, but gets traffic signals at the interstate- US Highway diamond interchange before becoming a city street in Carthage.

Sheryl Crowe

wanderer2575

Quote from: GaryV on August 21, 2023, 07:54:04 AM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on August 20, 2023, 06:29:38 PM
West end of the Davison Freeway at M-10 in Detroit.  Davison Avenue continues west to I-96 and actually a bit beyond. 
The eastern end of the Davison too. The freeway ends after I-75.

I didn't mention that because the freeway actually continues another 0.8 miles to end at Gallagher Street.  But none of my examples counts if the OP is looking for a traffic signal.

KCRoadFan

Quote from: jakeroot on August 21, 2023, 07:17:13 AM

Great idea - but how do I change the title of a thread that I've already created and that's already been replied to? I haven't done such a thing before during my more than three years as a member.

hotdogPi

Quote from: KCRoadFan on August 21, 2023, 10:42:12 AM

Great idea - but how do I change the title of a thread that I've already created and that's already been replied to? I haven't done such a thing before during my more than three years as a member.

Click on "modify" on the original post, and then change the title from there.

You can see how I did so on the post I'm typing right now. However, the title of the thread is considered to be the title of the original post, so what I just did right now won't change it permanently, while you editing the OP will.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

ChiMilNet

J T Butler Blvd (FL Route 202) at Interstate 95 in Jacksonville, FL
Interstate 4 at Interstate 95 in Daytona Beach, FL

roadman65

Sheryl Crowe

Henry

I-290/Eisenhower Expressway becomes Ida B. Wells Drive (AKA Congress Parkway) east of the Jane Byrne/Circle Interchange.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Henry on August 22, 2023, 10:03:33 PM
I-290/Eisenhower Expressway becomes Ida B. Wells Drive (AKA Congress Parkway) east of the Jane Byrne/Circle Interchange.

But I-290 doesn't have traffic lights at I-90/94, which is a required element of this question.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

JayhawkCO

A couple of examples I can think of:

I-395 in Bangor. Technically, it continues all the way until US2, which is an intersection with a stoplight.
CO47 in Pueblo. It's a freeway all around the town until it reaches I-25, then a stoplight.

jakeroot

Quote from: KCRoadFan on August 21, 2023, 10:42:12 AM

Just go to the first post you made (the original post) and change the subject line of that post. All subsequent replies to the thread will be then be "re: Signalized freeway..."

wriddle082

US 6 at I-70 just outside of Golden, CO.  US 6 has traffic lights west of I-70.

Both junctions of TN 155 and I-40 in Nashville qualify.  On the west side there are traffic lights at the I-40 interchange, and on the east side there is a traffic light immediately south of the I-40 interchange at Karen Dr.

In Cookeville, TN, TN 111 is a freeway north of I-40, but has a standard diamond interchange at I-40 and is non-freeway for a couple of miles south of it until the TN 136 interchange.

US 220 north at I-40 in Greensboro, NC continues north of the interchange as Freeman Mill Blvd and has traffic lights.

Brandon

The US-127/I-94 north/west junction at Jackson, Michigan.  US-127 is a freeway north of there, all the way up toward Grayling, yet the interchange is signalized and the street continues as a surface street into Jackson: https://goo.gl/maps/hHM6EX4p3aovScDw7
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.