News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Petaluma Hill Road

Started by Voyager, March 24, 2009, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

This road in California could really use another lane. I just drove to Petaluma on it and there was traffic the whole way there (about 10 miles to Penngrove). I was amazed at how narrow the road was too.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

DukeOfURL

That road wasn't meant for the amount of traffic that is using it now, as an commuter overflow for 101.  It and Stoney Point Rd were built when Sonoma County was still rural.  I think the solution is not to add a lane, which clearly doesn't relieve traffic, using 101 as an example.  I think the solution is to make the road undesirable as an alternative to 101, much as I don't like to take 101 through Sonoma County.

Voyager

Well, either way it is and I don't see how they could make it any less desireable than it already is. They're planning on upgrading US 101 all the way from Windsor to Novato, so hopefully that will help out.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.