News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 09:08:18 AM
I mean, I like autoplay. I usually use Youtube as my background music at work and its just easy.
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 09:01:05 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 08:56:04 AM
Quote from: vdeane on May 02, 2024, 09:33:13 PMThe enshitification of YouTube continues.  They've gotten rid of the option to disable autoplay, so if you don't want the video to advance, you have to catch it at the end (and they decreased the countdown to three seconds; I think they used to give 7-10).  Since I often use YouTube to listen to music while doing other things or have a video playing picture in picture, I often won't see the countdown until it's already too late.

Are they trying to drive people away from the platform?

Honest question. Is there a reason that you can't just switch videos once you are hearing something you didn't select? I don't view it a lot different than changing the radio station if a song comes on that I don't like.

It takes several seconds for me to get to a specific window since I have a bunch open.

In addition, there's also the possibility that the new video is much louder than the previous one.
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 08:56:04 AM
Quote from: vdeane on May 02, 2024, 09:33:13 PMThe enshitification of YouTube continues.  They've gotten rid of the option to disable autoplay, so if you don't want the video to advance, you have to catch it at the end (and they decreased the countdown to three seconds; I think they used to give 7-10).  Since I often use YouTube to listen to music while doing other things or have a video playing picture in picture, I often won't see the countdown until it's already too late.

Are they trying to drive people away from the platform?

Honest question. Is there a reason that you can't just switch videos once you are hearing something you didn't select? I don't view it a lot different than changing the radio station if a song comes on that I don't like.
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 08:52:00 AM
Tasty little win for my bank account.
Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 08:51:24 AM
They weren't in a particular order. I started doing the order and then quick referenced a list of current starting QBs. I didn't think he's top 5 alas. Top 10, sure.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: District of Columbia
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 08:45:18 AM
Quote from: davewiecking on May 02, 2024, 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on May 02, 2024, 08:32:40 AMWTOP has an article about which DC speed cameras issue the most tickets.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the busiest one is on eastbound (really northbound at that particular spot) I-66 right after you come out of the short tunnel under Virginia Avenue. The road is four lanes wide with a 40-mph speed limit.

Great hiding place. That's a stretch of highway I'd normally be traversing at about 70mph. Trying to remember if I took that route home when I went to a Nat's game last month-probably not, due to the lack of a ticket in the mail.

Yeah, I would probably be going faster through there as well. The day I mentioned above earlier this year when I was taking my wife to the hospital would have been a prime example of that except it was during the morning rush hour, so there was a line of stopped cars up ahead that caused me to slow down. (Long story made short: She was to have a cardiac procedure, but she messed up and thought it was at Arlington Hospital in Virginia. It was actually at Washington Hospital Center. So I had to drive her to the correct hospital. Even with the reduced traffic on a Friday morning, the drive still felt interminable, but we made it in time. You can certainly understand why I would have been ripping along at a much higher speed had I been able to do so!)
Central States / Re: MODOT Contract Lettings
Last post by mvak36 - Today at 08:38:16 AM
The winning bids for the April 19 letting were awarded at the MHTC meeting on 05/01/24.
In Horry County, SC, a lot of the rural county roads are addressed as 'Highways', i.e. Hwy 19, Hwy 66, Hwy 111, as if they are on the same level as the signed US and SC routes like US 501, SC 31, and SC 90.
Northeast / Re: What is it with I-95 & bri...
Last post by SectorZ - Today at 08:33:12 AM
Can't wait to see the first trucker try the Merritt Pkwy as an alternative. At least they'll learn quickly that it's not just a violation of law, it's a violation of physics.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by PColumbus73 - Today at 08:17:49 AM
Honestly, the article doesn't have much to it, but apparently, an Italian company is putting out a proposal to rebuild the Key Bridge. That's basically the whole article, no information on estimated time or cost.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/italys-webuild-sends-proposal-rebuild-collapsed-baltimore-bridge-2024-05-03/

Quote from: Henry on May 02, 2024, 10:22:56 PMIt looks like the second one will happen, based on the news development above. Four years is optimistic, and I'm still holding out hope for a cable-stayed replacement, as truss bridges are now a thing of the past.

It seems inevitable that a cable-stayed bridge would be used. If so, I'd like to see the new one incorporate an arch design into it to evoke the former bridge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.