News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Question for AHTD: SPUI / DDI

Started by US71, January 16, 2014, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

Quote from: M86 on January 23, 2014, 02:49:00 AM
Good luck to the truckers.  Considering how many trucks will go through that roundabout...
How many trucks will go through it?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

M86

NE2

I wish you had a count too. Because I'm not buying that a lot of trucks take the business route through Fayetteville.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

M86

Quote from: NE2 on January 23, 2014, 04:24:43 AM
I wish you had a count too. Because I'm not buying that a lot of trucks take the business route through Fayetteville.
Can't tell if you're serious or something else...

I'll take the latter?

NE2

english si

Quote from: M86 on January 23, 2014, 02:49:00 AMThe more I think about it, I cannot fathom how this roundabout will work in peak traffic periods.

Good luck to the truckers.  Considering how many trucks will go through that roundabout...
Surely the trucks would follow the mainline? note how the bypass is 2-lane in the diagram, and when the bypass is completed, the junction would be a SPUI.

It would be pushing it if all traffic went through the roundabout, but perfectly fine if long distance traffic has an avoiding route.

AHTD

Quote from: Gordon on January 22, 2014, 07:37:49 PM
If Missouri Petitions for a tax bill to finish there part of the Bella vista Bypass, will AHTD put the Interchange on hold to see if they pass it in November. Also it would help if the Federal Government would Pass a new Highway Bill soon so States would know that the money want run out in October.

We will proceed with the current plan until Missouri is able to meet us at the state line. We are also working on documentation/information to illustrate how lack of a new highway bill will affect Arkansas in 2015. We will post that information on this forum.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

AHTD

Quote from: M86 on January 23, 2014, 02:49:00 AM
Quote from: AHTD on January 22, 2014, 05:18:38 PM
Here is the original SPUI design. This is still planned for construction:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/forums/Bella_Vista_SPUI.pdf

Here is the modified connector design:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/forums/Bella_Vista_Modified_Connector.pdf

We are working on a traffic model video that we will post here once it's ready for public consumption. It will show how the modified connector will work.

I'm reversing my opinion that this roundabout is a good idea.

How is AHTD going to introduce this roundabout? 

Good luck to the truckers that have to deal with Bella Vista... Considering the amount of trucks/semis will have to go through that roundabout...

We anticipate very little truck traffic through the modified connector from the bypass because it is not a through route. Truck traffic would have to originate in Hiwasse, Gravette, or west Bella Vista or be destined for one of these areas.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

codyg1985

The roundabout I'm sure is designed with the AASHTO Green Book in mind, which takes into account trucks?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

M86

Quote from: AHTD on January 22, 2014, 05:18:38 PM
We anticipate very little truck traffic through the modified connector from the bypass because it is not a through route. Truck traffic would have to originate in Hiwasse, Gravette, or west Bella Vista or be destined for one of these areas.

No words.

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: AHTD on January 23, 2014, 01:53:41 PM

I'm sure the delivery (UPS, Fed-Ex) trucks will be happy. I can't help but wonder how many tourists won't realize it's only partially complete and end up in Hiwasse ;)

But that's just me  :spin:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

M86

Dang, I hate making a fool of myself.  :)

Won't be the first, and won't be the last!  :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.