Flying semi & fireball in Greensburg, IN

Started by ZLoth, August 03, 2013, 12:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

WOW! Just WOW! Here is the original story with video (language advisory, advance to the 3:20 mark), and a state trooper discussing the accident. It is still incredible that the driver and son survived.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

DAL764

Bloody hell, that's something I expect to see at a stunt show, not on the road. Definitely incredible footage.

As a side, am I the only seeing an ad on the site for SellFireTrucks.com? Seems rather...weird to put it politely.

US81

Quote from: DAL764 on August 04, 2013, 07:10:05 AM
Bloody hell, that's something I expect to see at a stunt show, not on the road. Definitely incredible footage.

As a side, am I the only seeing an ad on the site for SellFireTrucks.com? Seems rather...weird to put it politely.

My understanding is it's not that weird within the fire-fighting world. Just like cars, fire trucks (and ambulances and police cars) are usually replaced before they're worn out, so why not re-condition and return to service. Lots of rigs and ambulances from one part of the country end up in another area of the US, or Mexico or Central America, and at times their former identity is not completely obliterated - state outlines or old lettering visible under the new.  Also, many firefighters are into restoration and preservation for training, museums, etc.

agentsteel53

was that a state-named shield at 3:00?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

Quote from: agentsteel53 on August 04, 2013, 10:22:50 AM
was that a state-named shield at 3:00?

Leave it to you to notice the state-named shield and not the semi playing Evel Kenivel on the overpass.  :rofl:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

I couldn't tell if it was a state-named shield or not.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US81

tdindy88

That's a new interchange so those should be US highway shields. However if you seek errornous SR 421 shields you only need to head up 20 miles up the road to Shelbyville.

ZLoth

I have corrected the video link. Still.... it is remarkable that the driver and son was able to walk away.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

agentsteel53

looks like the original 9-minute video was replaced by one minute of "cut to the chase".  that original had what looked like an interstate shield on the left, then a US or state on the right.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

thefro

Quote from: agentsteel53 on August 07, 2013, 02:17:08 PM
looks like the original 9-minute video was replaced by one minute of "cut to the chase".  that original had what looked like an interstate shield on the left, then a US or state on the right.

They redid that whole road/interchange when the Honda plant was being built in Greensburg, so I'm pretty sure that's a US shield.  Also have driven on that stretch of road a few times to drive to the Honda plant.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.