News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Did Michigan ever use LeHay font?

Started by Dougtone, July 11, 2013, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

I was going through my photos from a recent trip into Michigan and it appears that I took a photo of a sign with a font that has similar attributes to the LeHay font that was used on old signs in Maine.  I'm debating whether this sign uses the LeHay font or not, or if MDOT ever used the LeHay font on signs at some point in the past.

The sign in question is located on a private driveway leading to the 40 Mile Point Lighthouse off of US 23 in northern Michigan.

Brandon

I don't think MDOT or their predecessor used LeHay.  They had their own custom number font that is similar too, but has a few differences from FWHA font.

1. The "3" has equal upper and lower parts like the Clearview "3".  The FHAW "3" has a smaller upper and a larger lower part.
2. The "4" is clipped.
3. The "5" is a circle instead of the oval FHWA uses.
4. The "6" is also a circle.
5. The "7" is clipped.
6. The "8" uses circles instead of ovals.
7. The "9" also uses a circle.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.