News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Italian restaurants with “non-Italian” names

Started by KCRoadFan, March 15, 2024, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: KCRoadFan on March 18, 2024, 03:53:29 PM

Quote from: kphoger on March 18, 2024, 02:27:53 PM

Quote from: KCRoadFan on March 15, 2024, 07:32:29 PM
have you ever eaten at - or at least heard of or seen - Italian restaurants with names that don't suggest those places are Italian?

Quote from: Road Hog on March 15, 2024, 09:11:05 PM
Millie's Italian Restaurant

It takes a special kind of person to not realize that a place named Millie's Italian Restaurant is an Italian restaurant.

I think that user meant to say just "Millie's".

nope
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

gonealookin

This sign is up in the window of the former sandwich shop in the neighborhood strip mall.  I'm curious as to the concept.  The initial thought is "a calzone except in a tortilla rather than pizza dough" but I'm not sure the tortilla stands up to pizza sauce without making a sloppy mess after two bites.

Dirt Roads

Hillsborough, North Carolina has one that is brand new:  Willie's.  This is an updated version of an old pizzeria location, and it seems to be operated by the same folks.  Some 25 years ago, it was named "Pizza Transit Authority"; later became "Pop's Pizzeria" and more recently "Anna Maria's".  Needless to say, the original name was intriguing to the railroader/rail transit guy. 

As of June 2023, the GSV still shows "Anna Maria's".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.