News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Shoud Puerto Rico have logo signs on its Autopistas?

Started by Pink Jazz, October 07, 2014, 10:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I realize there is no Puerto Rico forum, so I decided to make a thread here as this is the closest area to Puerto Rico. 

I was wondering, does anyone here think Puerto Rico should have logo signs on its Autopistas?  I personally think they would be very helpful to tourists, particularly the food and attractions categories.  I actually suggested the idea to both DTOP and Metropistas (operator of the PR-5 and PR-22 highways).

While there probably isn't enough space between exits to install logo signs between exits immediately within San Juan, the other metro area cities can have them.  For example, I would think there would be sufficient spacing for logo signs along PR-22 from its western terminus in Hatillo up to and including PR-167 in Bayamon (which could have an Attractions sign for the Luis A. Ferré Science Park).

What does anyone here think?

Tom958

Pink Jazz

Looks like Puerto Rico might be considering a logo sign program according to its draft fiscal plan:
https://media.noticel.com/o2com-noti-media-us-east-1/document_dev/2018/04/19/DRAFT%20New%20HTA%20Fiscal%20Plan%20-%2019%20April%202018_1524162969677_11150366_ver1.0.pdf

I know on PR-22, potential high-traffic exits that can potentially get a lot of revenue include the Barceloneta Outlets, Plaza Rio Hondo/Bayamon Science Park, and Plaza Las Americas (although the latter can probably only be signed eastbound due to spacing limitations).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.