News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Victoria: Western Freeway Extension

Started by dvferyance, July 17, 2016, 11:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

As Victoria continues to extend the Western Freeway westward is it going all the way to South Australia? And if so is South Australia planning to extended it? It would be nice to get more freeway connections in Australia.

Alps

The closest you may ever get to connecting two cities will be Melbourne and Sydney via M31.

Chris

They recently opened a dual carriageway from Ballarat to Beaufort. However, this is not a freeway, it has numerous at grade intersections.

dvferyance

Quote from: Chris on July 18, 2016, 09:13:30 AM
They recently opened a dual carriageway from Ballarat to Beaufort. However, this is not a freeway, it has numerous at grade intersections.
I am sure it's still a major improvement from what was there before.

mrose

I think it is under construction to Ararat and there are plans for it to go to Stawell.

I'd guess that it might go to the SA border eventually but it might be a very long time.

dvferyance

Quote from: Alps on July 18, 2016, 12:07:01 AM
The closest you may ever get to connecting two cities will be Melbourne and Sydney via M31.
Sydney to Brisbane is expected to happen by 2020. I could see Melbourne to Adelaide eventually happen aside from that I agree I wouldn't expect to see any other long distance freeway connections in Australia.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.