News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

M-22 Photo Clinch

Started by Max Rockatansky, August 19, 2017, 09:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Found myself out on the Leelanau Peninsula today to hike the Sleeping Bear Dunes.  I managed to squeeze in a photo clinch of the 117-something mile route:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151828809@N08/2u2624

I'm actually linking these over in the Road Trip Board as a much greater in scope trip.  A lot of the changes to the shields that were discussed previously have applied out in the field.  There are plenty of replacement M-22 shields lacking the "M" that are being posted where theft took place.  There is also some of the new painted "M-22" laid out on the asphalt at some major junctions.  The weird thing that I never noticed on previous visits is that M-22 is co-signed with M-72 to the junction of US 31/M-37 in Traverse City.  Any insight out there as to why there is a multiplex like this with M-22 on M-72?  I know M-22 predates M-72 by a couple years, but the only reason I can think that they would be co-signed like that is to complete the circuit of the Leelanau Peninsula.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.