News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Eating food off the floor at a restaurant

Started by bandit957, November 09, 2017, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: jakeroot on November 11, 2017, 03:16:58 PM
image snipped

Normally, I'm not one to disagree, but I think that's appropriate here. :-D

Scott5114

Quote from: jakeroot on November 11, 2017, 12:36:41 AM
Quote from: GaryV on November 10, 2017, 06:52:31 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on November 09, 2017, 09:39:23 AM
Have you ever seen anyone (more specifically, an adult) eat food off the floor at a restaurant?

Once in the late '90s, I was at the local Wendy's. A man was carrying his tray with his hamburger over to his table. Somehow, the burger fell off the tray and landed on the floor. The top bun came off, so the bun and the rest of the burger were in separate piles.

He just picked it up off the floor, reassembled it, and ate it!

I thought that was so funny!

Why did he unwrap the burger before getting to his table?

Three possibilites:

1) Wendy's didn't wrap their burgers in the late 90s
2) he asked for it unwrapped

I seem to recall that Wendy's placed their burgers in foil-coated paper bags in the late 90s. And I don't know about Wendy's, but when I worked at Burger King, we would have refused any request to deliver the sandwich unwrapped, as there is no other way to ensure it stays together and protected from flies, etc. between the kitchen and the front counter. (While the plastic trays are sanitized before being reused, something would have stopped me from putting a burger directly on a tray with no wrapper.)

It's possible the man removed the sandwich from the wrapper to inspect that it was properly built, however.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bandit957

He definitely did drop it on the floor and eat it. I was there with a family member, but I don't know if they saw it or if they remember it.

I actually remember what the man looked like. He was about 35, more athletic, wearing a blue t-shirt.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Beltway

Quote from: bandit957 on November 12, 2017, 09:36:33 AM
He definitely did drop it on the floor and eat it. I was there with a family member, but I don't know if they saw it or if they remember it.
I actually remember what the man looked like. He was about 35, more athletic, wearing a blue t-shirt.

That is a good way to have to blow chunky.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

abefroman329

It's Wendy's, I'm sure they would have made him another burger for free.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.