News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello from Indianapolis

Started by Interstate 69 Fan, November 30, 2017, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate 69 Fan

I’ve been on the forums for a little while now, but I thought I’d introduce myself.
Im from Indianapolis, and I’m always up to date on the I-69 extension within Indiana. So far, I’ve clinched it from the US 50 interchange up to US 127 north of Lansing. My goal is to eventually clinch it all, if it ever gets done. I’m also into weather. One of my notable weather events this year was informing families on Emily, Harvey, Irma, Jose, Nate, and Maria this year. I have family all over the coast, so they loved my help. Overall, I like Roads more than weather. It would be a dream to one day Drive the entire System... one day...
I’m also autistic (Aspergers if your wondering). I get pretty mad very easily, but I can control myself fairly easily.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

index

Hello, from NC! You are a fan of I-69, but are you also a fan of I-69W, I-69E, and I-69C? They aren't liked by a whole lot of people, but I myself have a liking towards suffixed routes. (you may be able to tell from my personal text.)
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

paulthemapguy

Welcome from the outskirts of Chicagoland!  A lot of us here are on the Spectrum in some capacity.  There's been a lot of speculation that I'm on it, too.  In any case, you're in good company.  I love maps, road systems, and weather as well.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: index on December 01, 2017, 10:27:29 AM
Hello, from NC! You are a fan of I-69, but are you also a fan of I-69W, I-69E, and I-69C? They aren't liked by a whole lot of people, but I myself have a liking towards suffixed routes. (you may be able to tell from my personal text.)
Hehe, yes i am :)

doglover44

Hi im Jake from OH I have autism too !

roadman65

So does a lot of folks here.  Only saying it to make you aware you are in good company.  Just stay away from trivial politics and you will be fine.   

Glad you get to see I-69 making history.  Hope you got to clinch US 31 up to South Bend with all the latest freeways added to the route.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

adventurernumber1

Welcome from Dalton, Georgia!!  :wave:

I love suffixed routes when it comes to US Highways, but I really don't see the necessity for them in modern day when it comes to Interstate Highways. I've never had a problem with the two pairs of I-35W and I-35E (one in DFW, and one in Minneapolis/St. Paul), because they already existed and they had made themselves an impression in both metro areas - but I truly do not see the point for new suffixed interstate highways, and especially the I-69-W-C-E mess. I really don't see the necessity for all those different I-69s. I-69W should be I-6, and there should not be two different interstate corridors that go all the way down to the south Texas population region that are parallel to eachother in somewhat close proximity (that is a waste of money IMHO) - there should be one I-69 that goes down there (probably to Brownsville), and there should be an I-269 or something that splits off just a little ways north of the population region, and that heads down to McAllen. The I-69 suffixes mess in south Texas seems truly useless to me, but that's just my opinion. Once again, I love suffixed US Highways, and I find former and older suffixed Interstates a fascinating and perfectly-fine part of American Highway History, but I don't think suffixed Interstate Routes are the way to go in the modern age at all. That said, I do find much of the I-69 extension to be quite fascinating - especially the parts between Houston and Louisiana, and in southwestern Indiana (which is near your neck of the woods).

I also love both weather and roads, as do many road enthusiasts here. The Weather Channel probably makes up 50% of all time I spend watching TV (which typically really isn't even that much time to begin with - I spend the great majority of my time on the internet (including on this forum) and playing video games - and of course doing work for school and elsewhere when it is needed. Thunderstorms get me excited, I find tornadoes and hurricanes and the sort to be incredibly fascinating, and more.

I have Autism (Asperger's) as well, but most of my mental disability comes from debilitating psychological disorders such as Depression, OCD, and mild Schizophrenia, and lots of other anxiety disorders such as GAD, SAD, Arachnophobia, and more. With all of that, I may come off as quite..."off" at times to say the least.  :-/

You definitely are not alone, as many of us roadgeeks have Asperger's Syndrome, but we use the benefits of it (there are many downsides too, obviously) to our advantage, in utilizing our extreme love and passion for roads.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2017, 10:30:45 AM
So does a lot of folks here.  Only saying it to make you aware you are in good company.  Just stay away from trivial politics and you will be fine.   

Glad you get to see I-69 making history.  Hope you got to clinch US 31 up to South Bend with all the latest freeways added to the route.

I've seen 31 from Streetview on GM. It looks awesome. I've seen the new Keystone Freeway in person, but not 31.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.