Ohio Road Meet 2018 - Mentor/Ashtabula, Sept. 29

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, February 01, 2018, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Not sure how many on here are familiar with Brian Farr. I know of Brian though his work on promoting (Historic) US 20 in several Facebook regional highway groups.
Brian has made arraignments to speak at the James A. Garfield National Historical Site, in Mentor, Ohio, about US 20, on September 29 (from 1-3 PM)
What would be the prevailing interest in encompassing an NE Ohio roadmeet with Brian's presentation with a road tour of NE Ohio (towards Cleveland or Ashtabula) afterwards?
Facebook event notice for Brian Farr's Mentor presentation - https://www.facebook.com/events/412939185797815/
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Hey, it's the Ashtabula meet! I might could.

vdeane

Maybe.  Depends on whether I'm going to be at a conference on the previous day and whatever else I have going on in fall.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

cl94

If this happens, I'm interested. I could theoretically stay in Buffalo with the parents for free.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

hbelkins

I've learned never to plan on anything, but I'd certainly consider this.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dvferyance

Should have it in June the weekend of the Duck Tape Festival in Avon. That is when I will be in NE Ohio this year.

dgolub

Interested!  And I should have a car soon, so I won't be dependent on anyone else to get there.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: dvferyance on February 02, 2018, 07:11:22 PM
Should have it in June the weekend of the Duck Tape Festival in Avon. That is when I will be in NE Ohio this year.
Speak to Brian Farr. He scheduled his appearance in NE Ohio on his own. I'm just piggy-backing a (regional) roadmeet upon it.

A.J. Bertin

-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I will keep this on the back burner, the annual Sept. Hershey toy show is the weekend before this so I may take the week off in central PA then Friday head out towards northeastern Ohio.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

okroads

Should be able to make this as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens between now and then.

US71

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on February 01, 2018, 09:28:51 PM
Not sure how many on here are familiar with Brian Farr. I know of Brian though his work on promoting (Historic) US 20 in several Facebook regional highway groups.
Brian has made arraignments to speak at the James A. Garfield National Historical Site, in Mentor, Ohio, about US 20, on September 29 (from 1-3 PM)
What would be the prevailing interest in encompassing an NE Ohio roadmeet with Brian's presentation with a road tour of NE Ohio (towards Cleveland or Ashtabula) afterwards?
Facebook event notice for Brian Farr's Mentor presentation - https://www.facebook.com/events/412939185797815/

The weekend before is the RMCA meet so there's a chance I *might* make. Too early to know at the moment.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Quote from: US71 on February 16, 2018, 12:03:22 AM

The weekend before is the RMCA meet so there's a chance I *might* make. Too early to know at the moment.

Where is RMCA this year?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on February 16, 2018, 09:37:05 PM
Quote from: US71 on February 16, 2018, 12:03:22 AM

Where is RMCA this year?

Hershey, PA

US71

Quote from: jpi on February 15, 2018, 03:48:53 PM
I will keep this on the back burner, the annual Sept. Hershey toy show is the weekend before this so I may take the week off in central PA then Friday head out towards northeastern Ohio.

Where is the toy show at?

US71

Too soon to commit, but definitely thinking about it.

jpi

Quote from: US71 on April 10, 2018, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: jpi on February 15, 2018, 03:48:53 PM

Where is the toy show at?
Hershey, PA
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Bitmapped

I'd have to look at my schedule closer to then, but I'd be interested.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I guess its time to start finalizing plans for this.
Saturday, September 29th
Lunch (Location TBD) at 11:30/Noon, followed by Brian Farr's presentation from 1 PM till 3 PM.
Afterwards, tour would go east from Mentor to Painesville then eventually to Northern Ashtabula County to visit some covered bridges.
Goal is to make it to Harpersfield, Jefferson, Ashtabula, Geneva, and return to Mentor before sunset (3 hour drive)

If anyone is interested we can include a shorter tour in the morning.

US71

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 04, 2018, 05:15:12 PM
Saturday, September 29th
Lunch (Location TBD) at 11:30/Noon, followed by Brian Farr's presentation from 1 PM till 3 PM.
Afterwards, tour would go east from Mentor to Painesville then eventually to Northern Ashtabula County to visit some covered bridges.
Goal is to make it to Harpersfield, Jefferson, Ashtabula, Geneva, and return to Mentor before sunset (3 hour drive)

Tentatively planning on attending. I'll be in Hershey the weekend before, so I may take a few days to explore.

cl94

I'm a "very likely" as well. I could do this with as little as no nights at a hotel if necessary (thanks to having parents in Buffalo), but will likely extend this trip to clinch and/or visit family in NE Ohio. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of northeast Ohio.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

vdeane

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 04, 2018, 05:15:12 PM
Saturday, September 29th

Lunch may need to be longer unless you're having it at the same place the talk is happening or at a fast food place - roadmeet lunches usually run an hour to an hour and a half on their own, and you're going to need time for people to meet up before lunch (there's always a few people running late) and to drive from lunch to the talk.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

A.J. Bertin

It's very likely that I will attend. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

Still thinking about this one, if I do this I would be taking the week off leading up to this staying in central PA
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

baugh17

I'm not ruling out this one.  I am on vacation from work the week before so I may use this as an excuse to use that Friday to drive down (and probably do some photo blitzing/route clinching in Chautauqua County) then spend the night either in Fredonia or Erie.

Quote from: cl94 on July 04, 2018, 06:05:37 PM
I'm a "very likely" as well. I could do this with as little as no nights at a hotel if necessary (thanks to having parents in Buffalo), but will likely extend this trip to clinch and/or visit family in NE Ohio. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of northeast Ohio.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.