News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

McAlister, OK: Traffic Signal Removals, Issues, Oddities

Started by Brian556, June 07, 2018, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

US 270/ SH 1/ SH 31 (Carl Albert Pkwy): Multiple Signals Removed, intersections converted to right-turn-only from cross streets. Remaining signals replaced. New HAWK signals at pedestrian crossings. They don't flash the normal pattern like a RR Xing Signal. One light stays lit, while the other lights up, the other one goes off. Bridge over RR on west side of downtown is a POS and has rather violent vertical motions when a truck goes over it

Route marker assembly on NB A St at Carl Albert Pkwy. Why? A St is not a state highway

US 69 BUSINESS at Electric: Dysfunctional signal operation due to lack of protected left from BUS US 69. Needs to be split phased. Really all of BUS 69 69 needs to be widened. At a bare minimum at center turn lane is needed

US 69 BUSINESS at Krebs Av:
Four-Way Stop. Overhead flashers only, no stop signs. Major MUTCD Violation. I suspect this intersection was once signalized

US 69 BUSINESS at Cherokee Av:
Dysfunctional signal placement. SB drivers might not be able to tell where to stop, there is no stop bar. The intersection is very very offset.

Ped signals at multiple intersections are non-functional. Some are beat up, soem are turned facing away from street

rte66man

Quote from: Brian556 on June 07, 2018, 05:39:50 PM
US 69 BUSINESS at Electric: Dysfunctional signal operation due to lack of protected left from BUS US 69. Needs to be split phased. Really all of BUS 69 69 needs to be widened. At a bare minimum at center turn lane is needed

Give the lack of funds for roads, that won't happen in my lifetime.

Four-Way Stop. Overhead flashers only, no stop signs. Major MUTCD Violation. I suspect this intersection was once signalized

It was before the "bypass" was built.  That is the main road to the State Prison to the west.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

US71

Quote from: Brian556 on June 07, 2018, 05:39:50 PM

The intersection has the last 4-way signal (a Darley). It never, to my recollection, had a modern signal. It was removed sometime after 2009. The flasher sans stop dates back to at least 2013. (per GSV).
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.